What's new

I need a proper translation for this famous quote

Szabolcs

Registered
17 Sep 2017
I really appreciate the symbols used in Japanese language and I would like to have proper translation for the following quote: 'Glass and peace alike betray proof of fragility under repeated blows.'

Hello Miss Mdchachi,
thank you for your reply but from my experience, google translate can not correctly interpret and translate such complex sentences. Most of the time when I used google translate, the result was a sentence with a different meaning and out of context. I would really appreciate if someone would translate it in a form that at least the core of the quote is correctly expressed. I copy pasted your answer and google translated to English as follows: "Bit down evidence of vulnerability under hit where both glass and peace are repeated" :emoji_grinning: ...that is not exactly what i wanted... never the less I thank you for your response and I hope that a native Japanese will kindly translate it for me. The quote could be simplified as follows:

"Glass and Peace are fragile alike."
or
"Glass and Peace can be broken even with the softest blow."

Please help me! 🙂:

from my experience, google translate can not correctly interpret and translate such complex sentences. Most of the time when I used google translate, the result was a sentence with a different meaning and out of context. ... I copy pasted your answer and google translated to English as follows: "Bit down evidence of vulnerability under hit where both glass and peace are repeated" :emoji_grinning:

Do you realize that after questioning the reliability of google translate, you then proceeded to use and rely on the results of google translate to call into question @mdchachi 's translation?

Anyway, @mdchachi 's translation was fine, and here is another translation that is also fine:

ガラスも平和も、たび重なる打撃の後には脆さを露呈し始める。

In fact, this one comes directly from the Japanese language version of Cloud Atlas. (I keep a copy handy at all times in case something like this comes up.)

So you can rely on this translation, regardless of what google translate might tell you when you run it through.

Hello,

first of all, thank you for your answer, I have big smile on my face 🙂: as write this reply. I am very grateful for your help. I simply thought that the answer from @mdchachi was a google translation, I am sorry for any bad feelings. Now I realized that Miss @mdchachi suggestion to use google translator was for @Takichan. I wish everyone a nice day. :emoji_hand_splayed:

Actually I did use Google translate. :) My point was that the original phrase was not very understandable in English in the first place. But I'm glad we found a good translation for you.

Back
Top Bottom