What's new

How would one translate this?

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
Although I didn't understand anything about this book, after reading everything became clear, that's why after going to the library I learned more about similar books.

I myself tried to. But I suppose it's incorrect.

この本については何も分かりませんでしたが読んだの後ですべてが分かるになった、だから図書館に行ってから同様の本についてをらもっと学んだ

ありがとうございます

You may need to clarify the English first. What did you not understand about a book you hadn't read yet?

Alright. How about not understanding the plot. But after reading a bit more this person decided to read similar books to learn more about them?

この本のプロットが何も分かるけど、読んだらすべて明らかになりました。だから、同様の本を学ぶために図書館に行きます
Something like that?

You mean you didn't know anything about it before you read it? I get the feeling you're not entirely clear on the difference between "know" and "understand" in English, which surely can't be the case. You would have to have heard something about it beforehand and not been able to comprehend it in order to say you didn't "understand" it. Do you mean that? Or do you mean you had no knowledge whatsoever of the book prior to picking it up and reading it?

Sorry If i'm causing confusion. I'll try to explain it clearly.

What i'm trying to say is that you know this person has read a bit of the story, but he states that he can't understand anything about the plot of this book. But he reads a bit more and it all becomes clear to him. So you use he's read the information already. He just can't understand it without reading a bit more so he can get the whole picture. Am I making sense?

Ah, now I see!

この本は最初分かりづらいが、読めば読むほど分かりやすくなる

この本は途中まで分かりづらいが、辛抱してみれば後々明らかになった。

Or something like that. You just need some expressions to express things changing partway through something:

最初は_____,

途中まで______

Etc

I'll try....

元々この本は分かりにくかったですが、もう少しを読んだらすべてが明らかになった

I honestly have real trouble with Japanese grammar to begin with. I really couldn't think of much variance and this is most likely wrong. But uh, I tried.

Last edited:
I think 元々 means "in the beginning" or "from the start" more in the sense of "it was already like that" rather than in the sense you're using it there.

Ah I see, I haven't yet learned many words so I was trying to think of one close to that without being one of the ones you used. Yet I can't think of one.

I'll keep thinking.

Perhaps まず(To start with?) or 始めに?

You could try the examples I gave....

途中 can be used with several different particles.

Oh sorry, I just figured me following your examples would be like copying them.
この本は途中で分かりにくかったですが、もう少しを読んだら後にすべてが明らかになった

Back
Top Bottom