What's new

How to send money from US to Japan or Taiwan

hs992326

Registered
23 Aug 2015
Hi guys,
I want/need to know how I can send money from my Bank of American account in the US to my account in Japan or my wife in Taiwan.
Yes, I already googled a bunch of options but the problem is that PayPal, Venmo, wire transfer etc all require phone verification system these days, where they send a text and you type that number, but I don't live in the US any more so no American cell phone !!

I tried Western Union online too but their website format only accepts American address if you choose US as the country of residence, sigh.
Is there any way for someone who doesnt live in the US to send money from American to Japan or Taiwan ?
Thanks in advance

My credit union in the U.S. doesn't require me to be in the U.S. to do an international wire transfer under, IIRC, $25,000 USD.

Another option is to get a Google voice number and forward it to an app on your cellphone in Japan (Talkatone on iPhone). That's how I receive free calls and texts from the USA.

I tried to use someone else's numbers but one was already registered with Venmo and PayPal and the other one said it's not registered under my name. Not sure how but seems that they can also match the owner's name. I can use Google voice but they won't give you a number unless you live in the US. I will contact bank of america on Tuesday and see if they can hep me

Use a VPN to sign up for Google voice or ask a friend in the U.S. to sign up for it for you.

Wait, you haven't contacted your bank?? I would have thought that would be the first step.

Back
Top Bottom