What's new

Help How to apply for short-term visas or extensions of stays or special re-entry permits?

D.EVILGOD

後輩
17 Mar 2017
Hey all, my apologies if i am unable to reply to any of your posts. For the past few weeks, i had been working very hard in securing my representative office visa and meeting with media corporations.

The lawyers handling my representative office visas are taking too much time.

Since I am on a non-visa entry in Japan right now, I want to cover my bases to extend my stays in Japan by
1) applying for additional short-term visas (business or sightseeing)
2) applying for extensions of stay
3) applying for special or ordinary re-entry permits

May I ask which methods are the easiest and shortest and most direct methods to extend my stays in Japan? Cheers.

Information Centers | Immigration Bureau of Japan Website

Hey all, i have been doing research and it says there is an immigration bureau at 1-1-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Pref. Post Code: 100-8977.

I went to the regional immigration bureau at 5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo Pref. Post Code: 108-8255 but it was too crowded and the information officers helpdesk do not speak good english at all.

Do you think that the immigration bureau at 1-1-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Pref. Post Code: 100-8977 are more helpful, speaks english and not crowded?

Thanks.

I vaguely recall your earlier thread where you wouldn't state where you were from ("Country A, B, or C") and asked similar information. So, it looks like you came here finally as a tourist and are waiting for a lawyer to answer visa-related questions.

Is there any reason you couldn't have asked him this one, too? As a tourist from whatever the hell country you are from, you may or may not be allowed to extend your tourist stay. (That's what you appear to have incorrectly stated above in 1) applying for additional short-term visas (business or sightseeing).)

If you don't have a visa now, how can you ask for additional ones?
You want an extension of stay for your current non-visa stay. Ok. What country are you from? In some cases, you can get it if you have a valid reason and can prove you have the funds to support yourself during that time. That's about as specific as I can get with the dearth of information you have provided.

May I ask which methods are the easiest and shortest and most direct methods to extend my stays in Japan?
If you're here as a tourist, I've just answered the best I can. If you're here with another method, please say so, and please say how long you've already been here.

You seem to want something that lets you stay almost indefinitely until your lawyer figures out how to get you that business visa to run a branch office (representative office) for the company back home where you are employed. I don't think you're going to have much luck there. You'll just have to deal with the normal route of potential extensions that everybody else suffers.

As for your questions about the immigration offices in Tokyo, I'm sorry, but I don't live down there and don't know them. Perhaps take a friend who speaks the language would help, or go at a time when they are not so busy.

I vaguely recall your earlier thread where you wouldn't state where you were from ("Country A, B, or C") and asked similar information. So, it looks like you came here finally as a tourist and are waiting for a lawyer to answer visa-related questions.

Is there any reason you couldn't have asked him this one, too? As a tourist from whatever the hell country you are from, you may or may not be allowed to extend your tourist stay. (That's what you appear to have incorrectly stated above in 1) applying for additional short-term visas (business or sightseeing).)

If you don't have a visa now, how can you ask for additional ones?
You want an extension of stay for your current non-visa stay. Ok. What country are you from? In some cases, you can get it if you have a valid reason and can prove you have the funds to support yourself during that time. That's about as specific as I can get with the dearth of information you have provided.

If you're here as a tourist, I've just answered the best I can. If you're here with another method, please say so, and please say how long you've already been here.

You seem to want something that lets you stay almost indefinitely until your lawyer figures out how to get you that business visa to run a branch office (representative office) for the company back home where you are employed. I don't think you're going to have much luck there. You'll just have to deal with the normal route of potential extensions that everybody else suffers.

As for your questions about the immigration offices in Tokyo, I'm sorry, but I don't live down there and don't know them. Perhaps take a friend who speaks the language would help, or go at a time when they are not so busy.

Hello, thank you for your replies.

I am on a non-visa entry with a passport from Australia. As i said before, i had been trying to engage multiple immigration lawyers to get me a visa via my representative office of my New Zealand company. However, they are delaying their answers to me.

I am in Japan to negotiate some movie deals.

I have more than a few hundred thousand USD in my bank accounts. Is this sufficient proofs of funds?

If you are Australian and under 30, you can get a working holiday visa, which in your case can be extended to a total stay of 1.5 years, last I heard. You have to be in Australia to apply for it. Since your profile says you are 32, that's not possible. You've been given tons of information on another thread. I don't know why you started this one.

I have more than a few hundred thousand USD in my bank accounts. Is this sufficient proofs of funds?
Why list your money in USD instead of Aussie dollars? As someone who is not an immigration officer, I'd say that's enough money to convince someone to extend your tourist stay, but there is more to it than mere money, as I've already explained.

Back
Top Bottom