What's new

How do you say, "What server are you on?"

I've gotten as far as 「何がサーバーを」. But I don't know what verb to use. This seems like something where a direct translation would not work.

While I'm here, I might as well ask if 「だれが日本にす住んでいますか。」 is the correct translation from, "Who is from Japan?"

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,538
I've gotten as far as 「何がサーバーを」. But I don't know what verb to use. This seems like something where a direct translation would not work.
"What server" is not the subject of that question. 何がサーバーを shows that 何 is the subject and a/the server is the object, i.e., it means "What does/did do a/the server?".

While I'm here, I might as well ask if 「だれが日本にす住んでいますか。」 is the correct translation from, "Who is from Japan?"
Not really.

Oh. Right. It would be どのサーバーを then. Or am I off again? Once again, I do ask what verb you would use?

Then, how would you say "Who is from Japan?" in Japanese?

Ratings
I would say どのサーバーを使ってますか? Another option might be どのサーバーでプレイしますか? What server do you play on.

For you other question I would change the grammar of the sentence. "Who is from Japan" sounds awkward for some reason when translated into Japanese. I would say "Are there any Japanese here?" or "Is there anyone living in Japan here?"...