What's new

How do millionaires travel to Japan?

JapanFresh

Kouhai
25 May 2014
One of my Japanese friends was curious and asked me how rich people (having over one billion JPY assets) arrange their travels to Japan. Any ideas?

One of my Japanese friends was curious and asked me how rich people (having over one billion JPY assets) arrange their travels to Japan. Any ideas?

By calling a travel agent, booking online, or having a flunky do it? Is this a trick question?

It's not a trick question!

What kind of travel agencies do they use? Is there any special company/service targeted for them?

Your friend (or possibly you) has a business idea to cater to rich Japanese travelers and now you want to check if it has a chance to survive, am I right? ;)

I think you're probably right about the business idea thing. My friend didn't give much details.

Does anybody have any ideas on the answer?

They sound reasonable, but do you have any web links to these services? I tried searching the web a bit but couldn't find anything tailored for Japan.

They sound reasonable, but do you have any web links to these services? I tried searching the web a bit but couldn't find anything tailored for Japan.

You want me to post web links to places where people book airline tickets?

Does your friend think people with tons of money have some secret way of putting on their pants too?

Unless they have discovered teleportation, I am guessing via plane or ship.
I suppose they could swim if they want to.

Thanks all for the replies!
Looks like there is no "special service" for rich people, so I'll just let my friend know this.

Thanks all for the replies!
Looks like there is no "special service" for rich people, so I'll just let my friend know this.
If your entire market research is based on 4 random people related to Japan, with no knowledge of the travel business whatsoever (that includes me).. I wish your business all the success in the world. It's gonna need it.

If you are really interested, look up terms like 'full service travel agent', luxury/exclusive/executive travel, etc. etc. I can't personally recommend any of them, but how about a $3500 helicopter transfer from the airport to Tokyo. That's one-way.

Obviously the millionaires don't google these terms themselves, they probably have their butlers do it, or something ;)

They hop on their golden plated, diamond encrusted private jet, sitting on piles of money as seats, with beautiful foreign women filling the plane, with expensive bottles of liquor then they say to their 30 year experiences pilot ¨Set course to Japan!".

They hop on their golden plated, diamond encrusted private jet, sitting on piles of money as seats, with beautiful foreign women filling the plane, with expensive bottles of liquor then they say to their 30 year experiences pilot ¨Set course to Japan!".
What a ridiculous idea. A seat made of money can't recline..

I think much more realistic is that the super rich go to the Maldives and hire Warner Brothers to shoot a travel movie in Japan, and Leonardo diCaprio will play the millionaire. That movie will then be played in front of their rich friends, which will all compliment the millionaire on his very active trip to Japan.

Apparently your "rich friend" is lazy, too. Wouldn't be Donald Trump by any chance...? :unsure:

This thread made my day.

I guess that if I was super rich I would only visit Japan for business, I don't think they don't go as tourists much.

There is well off and then very rich. The very rich have staff to organise it, the well-off get a company to do it. It depends on budget, and just because they have money doesn't mean they want to waste it or pay too much. Plus, they can be demanding.

I know companies in Tokyo that will provide experiences for US1,000/day, and there are quite a few companies that do bespoke or customised travel for the mid range through to luxury travels. Over the last year I have organised tours for people that were variously well-off through to quite wealthy, but its not something that we factor in so much.

BTW, Y1B ~ US$10M so is quite a step up from US$1million - $1million isn't that much in terms of assets for a lot of people with a decent house, but if that's in free cash/assets that's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom