What's new

House address format

alan

後輩
20 Nov 2013
I am assisting my daughter in law in finding her family in Japan. We have applied and received her family records from Aomori-shi. We have names of two half sisters, her mothers name and maternal grand parents. We have addresses and birth dates and marriage info. We have attempted a couple phone calls into the small village she is from. One person said he knew the grand father, but gave another person and number that knew him better. then that person said he wasn't sure and didn't want to talk. The DIL just sent a letter to her home address last week.
DNA testing gave us a 3rd cousin who we believe is on the Bio-fathers side and we believe we have a surname for him and a possible location or related family business.
I do have some other small pieces of information, too much to write here.
I hope you are still active helping people, this is a very old thread.
Thanks Alan

In my search assisting my daughter in law in finding her family I ran across something I don't understand with Japanese address format or system. So her home address was 46 Noda and village name. While searching on Google maps I found another address nearby (300 meters away) that is 46-1 Noda. So my thinking would be that 46 is associated in some way with 46-1. Like a house then an apartment or another house sharing a same lot, but this is not the case.
So either Google maps is wrong, or there is some odd way to assign addresses to homes in this village.
I wanted to get some opinions on this, it will help in focusing our search.
Thanks Alan

Japanese addresses are usually arranged in order from the largest geographic section to the smallest. So:
Prefecture > City > District > Plot number > Apartment name and number (if applicable)
We'd probably need to see the whole address to figure it out. 46 Noda doesn't really mean much without the surrounding bits.

Here is what her cousin sent us as the address,
46 Noda, Hidariseki, Aomori-city

46 being the house number, Noda is a section of the village Hidariseki, then Aomori-shi, Aomori-ken.

Thanks for the reply...

It might be easier for all involved if you would keep everything in the thread you originally started for this project rather than having bits and pieces scattered here and there (and even threadjacking someone else's thread as you did earlier today).

Helping my daughter in law find her family.

The address, as given you, does come up in Google Maps.

〒030-1273 青森県青森市左堰野田46
〒030-1273 青森県青森市左堰野田
Google マップ

The postal code for that address is 030-1273, by the way.

For the envelope:

Name Name
Hidariseki Noda 46
Aomori City, Aomori
JAPAN
〒030-1273

Or you may put the postal code off to one side or at the top of the address if you wish.

Mike, thanks.

Ok, thats good info. The daughter in law sent a letter about ten days ago to her home address, but we used the one the cousin gave us, Hum...Hopefully the mailman figures it out.

So do you think the address 46-1 is in any way related to 46? According to Google maps these two address are about 300 meters apart.

Alan

No more than any two addresses 300 meters apart are related in America.

Back
Top Bottom