What's new

Hi there!

Leanan Sidhe

後輩
15 Aug 2016
I figured I should at least introduce myself since I went ahead and asked a few questions on Japanese in a different part of the forum... I'm an American woman who grew up watching anime like Pokemon and Monster Rancher (and, naturally, playing their related games). To this day I still watch a lot of anime, though I began to self-teach myself Japanese out of necessity to play video games that were never released in English. In short, I'm a huge nerd. But let's face it; knowing only one language stinks.

I did take a year of formal Japanese classes, but I found that I didn't learn much that I hadn't already learned on my own from them. My university's Japanese teacher was only an adjunct, in any case, so getting further Japanese classes there wasn't really an option. I'm not exactly rolling in money (in fact, I'm practically poor), so I just stuck to self-teaching after that. My hope is that this forum will be just the place I need to ask questions that I can't find easy answers for.

Last edited:
All the great info collected here over the years would probably fill several books and it's all free . The members and staff here are great at helping beginners and advanced students of Japanese. Welcome !

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I checked out a lot of Japanese forums but this one by far seems to be the most active and knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom