What's new

Hepatitis B

Kawaii_janny

Registered
24 Jan 2016
hello, i'm a newbie here. Do you need to undergo hepatitis B test if you plan to teach in japan? I hope someone can enlighten me. Huhuhu. Thank you.

No, you do not have to undergo a specific health check, however some employers may require that you provide a checkup certification, even it's just signing a form saying you are healthy. How serious is your condition?
EDIT: if you plan to work closely with students, I would advise extreme caution in choosing such a career, since hep B is spread via bodily fluids. Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, etc. are difficult to control, and the virus can remain latent for 75 days on surfaces.

Last edited:
No, you do not have to undergo a specific health check, however some employers may require that you provide a checkup certification, even it's just signing a form saying you are healthy. How serious is your condition?
EDIT: if you plan to work closely with students, I would advise extreme caution in choosing such a career, since hep B is spread via bodily fluids. Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, etc. are difficult to control, and the virus can remain latent for 75 days on surfaces.

Thank you for your response. According to my doctor, I'm a healthy carrier of the disease. I'm just worried if they will require hepatitis B test for teachers. Because if they do so, it seems that my teaching career is over. huhuhu

Does a "healthy carrier" mean you can't infect other people, especially young children or the elderly, who just might be your customers and who are predisposed to illness?

Check on the ESL Cafe site for people who are probably teaching in institutions like the ones you plan to work at. ESL Discussion Center

Back
Top Bottom