What's new

Help with Translation Japanese to English WWII Propaganda Piece

captainsimos

Registered
27 Sep 2015
I found this item in my fathers estate and was hoping someone would give me an idea of what it is. I don't want a complete translation, just a brief description of what it says. It measures 8" x 5" and is two sided.

Thanks in advance for the help.

858136712_o.jpg
858136722_o.jpg

I'm very interested as well because, although it looks like a pro-war flyer, some of the questions seem to be asking whether it's worth going to war. I didn't get past question 4, though, and I'm probably misunderstanding it. Another possibility in my mind is that the second page answers all of those questions.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to the answer you get!

It seems to be a leaflet air-dropped by the Americans encouraging the Japanese citizenry to stop supporting a hopeless and futile continuation of the war.

It seems to be a leaflet air-dropped by the Americans encouraging the Japanese citizenry to stop supporting a hopeless and futile continuation of the war.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, I was pretty confused by what I was reading.

Thanks for the clarification!

Yes, it's a leaflet air-dropped by the Americans for soldiers in Okinawa (you can see phrases 皆さんの島, 内地人, この島 your island, people in the main land of Japan or this island there). The same leaflet can be seen in a pdf file 文書・写真類 "documents and photographs" in the site of Okinawa Prefectural Peace Memorial Museum.

沖縄県平和祈念資料館 | 資料館からのお知らせ

Thanks for the information, once I was given a few clues I also found this on the internet and it confirms the information provided by everyone. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom