What's new

Help with this WW2 Japanese flag, please?

How much did you pay for this? You have managed to buy what must the the absolute earliest Japanese WWII relic in existence. It is dated January 1st, 1926!

It is a list of names of people belonging to a "respect the elderly" group and has jacksquat to do with WWII.

I'll give you $5 for it.

How much did you pay for this? You have managed to buy what must the the absolute earliest Japanese WWII relic in existence. It is dated January 1st, 1926!

It is a list of names of people belonging to a "respect the elderly" group and has jacksquat to do with WWII.

I'll give you $5 for it.
Gee, for a peach of a guy like you, only $2. Wouldn't want to break you.

Judging from the surnames of the members, the group was in somewhere in Okinawa.
Thank you...it has a stamp on it as inspected when being sent back in 1945, and most items from the trunk it was in are tagged as well (several army and navy tunics, pants, a canteen, etc). Any way to post in Japan to see if the group is still around? I'd be open to returning it to someone it would be important to.

There is no location name there. We might be able to get some information by googling each name of the members, but the chance would be rare since it's over 90 years ago.

Thank you. If you could tell me any of the names, I am willing to try to find a relative...perhaps some names are less common than others?

I found a page that contains 8 names of the 25 members.
琉文21 » 1935年8月 関西沖縄興信社『関西沖縄興信録』

This is a directory of Okinawan people who lived in Kansai region published in 1935, so the group might be in Osaka, not Okinawa.
Here the 8 members. 島尻 Simajiri in the parentheses after the names shows they were from Shimajiri region in Okinawa main island.
region 天神橋筋
安里仁祥(島尻)

region 長柄西通
新城仁徳
山城蒲戸
新城次郎

region 本庄西通
並里武雄
安里次郎

region 本庄中通
山城信吉(島尻)
長濱栄助(島尻)

And the followings are the rest members.
安里善幸
新城亀吉
安里盛信
山里栄雄
安里清行
安里松
山城亀
長濱栄秀
新城栄久
玉寄武治
上原重雄
玉寄盛光