What's new

Help translating WW2 flag and picture

Onryo

後輩
2 Jun 2015
I aquired these two recently and I was wondering if any anybody could help? With the picture, I understand that the right column means the 21 of March 1935 (10 Showa Year) and the age of 22. Could anyone read the name? If anyone needs better pictures, please ask. Thanks
image.jpg image.jpg

The flag is upside down. It's sent to 青木茂十郎 "Aoki Shigejūrō". The rest are all signatures.
Your understanding of the date and the age on the back of the picture is correct. The surname would be 谷 "Tani" or 谷生 "Tanio". The fourth kanji might be 美.

The flag is upside down. It's sent to 青木茂十郎 "Aoki Shigejūrō". The rest are all signatures.
Your understanding of the date and the age on the back of the picture is correct. The surname would be 谷 "Tani" or 谷生 "Tanio". The fourth kanji might be 美.
Thanks for the help Toritroibe! So her first name is illegible?

Also what would the character in fron of Aokigahara Shigejuro mean? And would this be considered an original?

Thank you Toritoribe for the help! By any chance, could you translate any more names on the flag? Thanks

They are just common names except the sales department of Chikuma (= a company name), the division one of the presenters belonged to.

Back
Top Bottom