What's new

Help for TV Remote Control Instructions

swwc1

Registered
13 Dec 2015
Hi All,

I have just bought a universal remote control from Japan but it doesn't seem to work. Based on my understanding, I have already followed all the instructions.

Could someone please help me to translate (in case I have misunderstood some of the steps) - I have already translated a few sentences.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20151213_161426 (360x640).jpg
    20151213_161426 (360x640).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 183
What part are you unsure about? Did you enter the correct code of the electrical manufacturer?

It's like you translated: press and hold power button for ~3s until the LED starts flashing, then slowly enter the vendor code. Three flashes afterwards means an error. If it doesn't work, make sure you typed the vendor code correctly or try a different vendor code. The page ends with a disclaimer that, depending on the TV set, it's possible that some or all of the remote's buttons do not work.

Last edited:
Thanks both - this is what I did:
I press the button for 3 seconds until the LED lights up. I release the power button and type in the vendor code provided.
After I type the 4 numbers, it should be done??

However, I get no response when I press any buttons on the TV.

I've tried all 6 vendors code for Sharp.
Based on the instructions, if its correct, the light will flash once after I enter the 4 digits.

Maybe we could help you better if you told us the maker and model numbers of both your television and the remote control.

Thanks Mike. Please see below:

Sharp LC-32LX430H (TV)
ELPA RC-TV013UD (Remote)

Many Thx!

Based on the instructions, if its correct, the light will flash once after I enter the 4 digits.
Yes, that's right. So, you would enter the number correctly. The manual of the remote control says 日本国内向けの製品のみ対応しています。This remote control works only for products for Japanese domestic market, whereas LC-32LX430H is for Hong Kong. Most probably that's the reason. It seems to be better to purchase a genuine remote control as repair parts.

Back
Top Bottom