What's new

Hello from Sweden!

gnarfen

後輩
13 Jul 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and have been into Japanese culture for about the last ten years. It really took off when I studied game design at the university and have steadily been growing since. I have visited Japan a couple of times and are planning yet another trip for next year. I'm training kyudo, does sake tastings, self study Japanese (when there is time), like Japanese gardens (trying to create one as an entry to my house) and read a lot about Japan. I have a blog about these interests in Swedish (Japanfokus). When I'm not reading or writing about Japan I'm working as a CEO for a small IT-consulting company in Stockholm, and when I'm home I take care of our two wonderful kids who I indoctrinate with Japanese culture :)

Pleased to meet you!

Welcome to the forum gnarfen.

Probably a good idea to do the sake tasting after the kyudo practice!! : )

Have you seen the yabusame on your visits to Japan?

Welcome to the forum gnarfen.

Probably a good idea to do the sake tasting after the kyudo practice!! : )

Have you seen the yabusame on your visits to Japan?

Thanks for the welcoming Dotanbatan!
A small sake before the kyudo only make more steady, right? ^^ Jokes aside, I really think that sake (or more accurate; nihonshu) is an understimated bewerage outside of Japan, at least in Sweden. The brewing process is complex and the palate and nose of nihonshu can vary a lot! Anyway, to answer your question; no I have not had the joy of seeing yabusame live in Japan, yet :) Have you?

Thanks for the welcoming Dotanbatan!
A small sake before the kyudo only make more steady, right? ^^ Jokes aside, I really think that sake (or more accurate; nihonshu) is an understimated bewerage outside of Japan, at least in Sweden. The brewing process is complex and the palate and nose of nihonshu can vary a lot! Anyway, to answer your question; no I have not had the joy of seeing yabusame live in Japan, yet :) Have you?

Yes, I've seen a display twice ... in Kamakura and Nikko .... fantastic skills and a great spectacle. I think there will be a show in Nikko in October which I will try to get to.
I don't know so much about nihonshu but love to drink it! When I'm in Japan, I usually polish off a bottle of good stuff with my father in law. Hic. Karakuchi is my preference.

Back
Top Bottom