What's new

Have you ever cried at an anime?

Kyuubiness

Registered
14 Aug 2007
I did-twice XD Well, once when I was like, 7. It was a Pokeman movie, when Ash..or Pikachu..dies. I forgot :sick: The second time I was watching Naruto (the original one) and Haku dies XD Naruto made it so touching *sniff*

Pokemon movie when Ash dies and when kohaku dies.
Can we count crying at the end of a Japanese movie? *moonchild*

FMA, when Hughes dies. And the last episode... so damn sad... acctually I think I cried alot during that anime... :(

Most of Hayao Miyazaki's works can get me to shed a tear or two. Not because they're particularly sad, but from watching something so charming and perfectly done. Like the end of Kaliosutoro no Shiro for instance, gets me every time.

I, too, cried during the painful scenes of Ash's death in that Pokemon Movie. :(

Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) had me crying like a baby when Franz died, and Eureka Seven brought tears to my eyes mainly - because it was so beautiful, though.

Last edited:
yes!!! in naruto, gantz (lol...), kenshin ovas, ummm that's all i can remember right now.

brodiepearce, me too! It was so sad, I thought Mustang died. And with that Chopin's etude, it was hard not to.

I have cried a lot of times!

Let's see if I can remember some of them...

* Full Moon o Sagashite: When Mitsuki lay down on her first love's grave upon finding out he died two years ago without her knowing.

* Samurai X Tsuikohen and Seisohen: Need I say more! It's Kenshin's life! Tragic!

* Grave of the Fireflies (Ghibli): I cried for the children! They were victims of war. They didn't have to die!

There are others but I can't seem to remember them all in one sitting.

Hmm yeah, i remember once, at the ending of Gungrave, it was rather bittersweet how they shot each other in the end. My my how i love camradery :D

Grave of the Fireflies

watching them trying to make their way in the world against all those odds ... and lose his sister in the process despite doing everything he could ... damn ... it was just so heart breaking :(

Elfen Lied, Magic Knigh Rayearth, Death Note, Chrno Crusade... So many! People say I'm a crybaby, well maybe I am. It's just so damn sad when people die! 😭

FMA-I cried a few times: when Hughes dies, at his funeral when even Armstrong is crying, the ending, and a few other times, like what happened to Nina. Such a good story, so many sad and touching moments.
Gungrave-I love Gungrave. It is so sad how this story works out, but I love it. I cried when Brandon killed Cid for Bear Walken, and when Bear dies, and in the end, too. I think I might cry again :(

wow its been so long since i came back here
anyways
please teacher, when she had to wipe his memory of thier love

I cried during Full Moon Wo Sagashite so many times, The last episode was a killer for me, same when Mitsuki was lying on Eichi's grave, so sad :(
I've cried through Naruto a few times too
I'm such a cry baby :D 😌

almost when the final scene in basilisk happened....( the lovers died ):(
:( :( :( :(
they couldnt change their way of life and chose to die together :( :(
:( :(

and in samurai 7 when 4 of the good guys die.....i was like " that is so honorable ) :( :(

I actually heard about Grave of the Fireflies because of this thread so I watched it and throughout most of it I was like 'how sad could it possibly be'?

....By the end I had to leave the room so my sister wouldn't see me crying 😌

Not really till this day. Maybe I still havent found a really sad anime or something. And it also depends on the sound or music that goes with it.

Back
Top Bottom