What's new

Happy birthday, Uncle Frank!

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Ratings
3 483
Old man winter gave me about 4 inches of snow to clean up for my birthday present. It's a bright sunny day with little wind , so a nice time to be out. I can't believe I'm 65 years old , officially old by US standards and now on Medicare and can get senior prices everywhere , LOL.
Thank you for the birthday wishes !

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Happy Birthday to everybody's favorite uncle.! Have a nephew come shovel the snow.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Ratings
3 483
We were talking about finding young people to clean up snow on Facebook. Not a single soul there had seen a young person out going door to door to shovel. The most you can find are businesses that charge an arm and a leg to run a plow up the driveway without getting out of their truck. Makes it real difficult for older people on a fixed income to own their own home. Assisted living here in Maine averages about $90,000 a year for anywhere good. Most people end up selling their home and moving way down south to avoid the snow. So far , I'm lucky I have a younger wife and a giant snow blower to help me. Storms that bring 2 to 3 feet of heavy wet snow with 40 to 60 MPH winds called nor'easters do make you nervous , LOL.