What's new

Hajimemashite, minasan! Yoroshiku, ne?

Konnichiwa :x3:
I'm Willow. I'm 20 years old, from Leeds, England.
I started teaching myself Japanese last July, and I took up a beginners evening class at my university last October.
I'm no expert but I am aiming to be a teacher one day so feel free to chat with me and ask questions, you never know, I might have the answer! :geek::hilarious:
One of my favourite ways to learn, and the thing that most inspired me to learn Japanese is anime! Generic maybe, but effective! This is the link to my animelist, so if you're a fan, check it out and see if we have any shows in common. :inlove:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Willow-chan
I think anime is a great way to learn new words, slang variations, and it's great listening practice too.
Plus it's kinda fun and useful for pronunciation to learn and sing along to the opening/ending themes! :shy::roflmao:
Anyway, nice to meet you all :embarrased:
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu ;)
Willow-chan x

Ratings
Welcome to the forum! One of my reasons for starting to learn Japanese was anime as well - but the first thing you notice when you start to study seriously, is that you get to spend much less time watching anime :). Still, good luck.

I took a look at your list, there are 5 series that I've also seen. Considering the high scores you gave to the likes of Elfen Lied and Ano Hi Mita Hana, you may also like:
- Another
- Black Rock Shooter
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Rozen Maiden

これからよろしく

Welcome to the forum! One of my reasons for starting to learn Japanese was anime as well - but the first thing you notice when you start to study seriously, is that you get to spend much less time watching anime :). Still, good luck.

I took a look at your list, there are 5 series that I've also seen. Considering the high scores you gave to the likes of Elfen Lied and Ano Hi Mita Hana, you may also like:
- Another
- Black Rock Shooter
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Rozen Maiden

これからよろしく
Wow, thanks for the suggestions :x3: And yeah I loved Ano Hana and Elfen Lied, though they are both quite different haha. And ah, I hope the time never comes when I watch less anime haha! But I am a student so I have a shocking amount of free time... :smuggrin: Nice to meet you :embarrased: