What's new

Growing up

ChrisNico

後輩
14 Oct 2015
How do I write the following sentences in Japanese?

"It is a wonderful experience for me to see my little brother further his career and reach his goals."

I like the idea of 改善 and I have tried a few different possibilities, but it is very difficult because I am unsure of which tenses to use.

"The professor helped his pupils successfully prepare for international business meetings, job interviews, engineering presentations, all the while improving their conversational skill."

This is difficult for me because I do not know how to express the actions together and I don't know if it would be better in one sentence or more in Japanese. In the next sentence, "It" is referring to a linguistics textbook.

"It examines the differences and similarities between American English and British English, as well as intonation, emphasis, and subtle changes in speech that native American English speakers make, which can be learned with practice."

Again, it is difficult for me to express simultaneous actions and subtle differences in Japanese.

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it!

It is normal practice on this forum for people to make (and show) their own best efforts when asking for this kind (and amount) of help.

May I ask how you have been learning Japanese? How long and what sort of materials, etc..

My apologies, I was in a rush this morning and I should have added more. Here are my best attempts:

弟は彼のキャリアを促進し、彼の目標を達成するための参照素晴らしい経験です。

教授は、彼の生徒が正常に国際的なビジネスミーティング、面接、エンジニアリングのプレゼンテーション、すべての中に彼らの会話のスキルを向上させるための準備を支援しました。

それは、相違点と類似点アメリカ英語とイギリス英語の間だけでなく、イントネーション、強調し、実践して学ぶことができるネイティブのアメリカ英語話者が作ることスピーチの微妙な変化を調べます。

After studying Japanese, I have come to find that knowing how to say something in English doesn't necessarily translate into Japanese; I didn't want to reinforce an idea in my mind that may, in fact, be incorrect. That was why I didn't include these before.

With regards to your questions, I've been studying Japanese for about a decade, on and off. I really like Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese and "Japanese, the Spoken Language" by Mari Noda.

Lately, I've been using Nihongo no Mori and rikaichan, too.

Do your studies include much reading of native materials?

"It is a wonderful experience for me to see my little brother further his career and reach his goals."
"It" refers to "to see my little brother further his career and reach his goals" in the English sentence, so the actual subject of the sentence is this phrase. You need to nominalize the verbs "to see" in order to treat it as a noun since only nouns can be the subject. You also need to nominalize "to further" in the clause "my little brother further his career" and "to reach" in "(my little brother) reach his goals" since these are the object of "to see". How about to try a simpler structure such like "I saw my little brother furthered his career" first?

Back
Top Bottom