What's new

Gravestone translation

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
Can anybody help with the attached?

I think location is Yamaguchi Pref, Kuga-gun, Iwakuni, Marifu-mura.
Death April 13
. For year I'm seeing Taisho 2 (1913), do you agree?
Not sure of last name which is cut off, any ideas? Something-ki
First name: Taroemon (?)
Eldest daughter.

Thank you.

Attachments

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
Not a coincidence. I was helping him out on another forum in FB and pointed him here but he said he was having trouble posting. So I started it off for him. But I guess he figured it out. I don't see a way to delete this post but please don't continue this thread. Thanks.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,539
Well, then you should mentioned that in the first place. What you wrote sounds as if you read it yourself and ask for confirmation.

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
Well, then you should mentioned that in the first place. What you wrote sounds as if you read it yourself and ask for confirmation.
I did read it myself and that's as far as I got. That's when I suggested this forum to the originator.
I wouldn't have posted it if he hadn't said that he was having difficulty figuring out how to post here.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,539
He posted "Yesterday at 14:57", I replied to it "Yesterday at 21:15", and you posted "Today at 00:22". You could check if he already posted and got an answer or not, or your interpretation was correct or not before you posted.

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
He posted "Yesterday at 14:57", I replied to it "Yesterday at 21:15", and you posted "Today at 00:22". You could check if he already posted and got an answer or not, or your interpretation was correct or not before you posted.
Sorry I didn't see it. (It looks like he didn't start a new topic.) Feel free to delete this thread.

Last edited: