What's new

Gobbling girls

I suppose that eating on a commuter train could be considered a bit like snacking on the metro in London. No one really eats on the metro, because it's mostly used for short journeys, and everyone is in quite close proximity.

Kinsao said:
I suppose that eating on a commuter train could be considered a bit like snacking on the metro in London. No one really eats on the metro, because it's mostly used for short journeys, and everyone is in quite close proximity.

Exactly! Everybody is packed in like sardines quite often and it would be extremely difficult to eat in such conditions anyway.

Being backed into Japan Rail Sardine Express is hardly my idea of quick or convenient.

Aslong as you dont make a mess, i dont mind eating in public, opposition to it in my opinion is just another example of social taboo's against a normal thing,our ancestors ate meat from the newly killed bone, infront of everyone, without manners, humans need to eat, humans like to eat, aslong as its not inappropriate like im in the middle of actually doing something, I'll eat in public with or without peoples approval.

I dont do it because i enjoy being rude, i just dont respect silly rules like that, unless people are genuinly offended by the act of humans consuming food stuffs for energy, something everyone does everyday including the witness.

Now if i was eating amongst a group of starving folk, it would be rude not to share, but in japan on a commuter train, with resutraunts and food everywhere in that country, if you havnt eaten before, or not gonig to eat at your destination, then thats your fault to be honest.

i dont think they sell the food at trainstations that you can eat it in train, i think it should just be a convenient way to buy your lunch and do not loose time with finding somewhere a meal. ....

cawaibaby said:
i dont think they sell the food at trainstations that you can eat it in train....
Oh really? Are you sure you're living in Japan? Your country of residence says you do, but you also say, "Never been to Japan".

If you are living in Japan and have ever taken a long distance train ride then you would know that they DO sell food at train stations that are solely ment to be eaten on the train. I have done it as have many Japanese people who take long distance trains of more than an hour.

If you are living in Japan maybe you don't get out much.

I eat in the Bus, and in train, so what, if i am hungry i will eat and if someone not like that then he can turn head in opposite direction(except if see warning like "Not allowed to eat in the bus")

i don't see nothing wrong eating in trains, bus, plane or cars! c'mon, when you hungry you eat..

a lot of people nowadays have busy lifestyles and the only time they can have a meal is when they're on the move.

I haven't eaten on the train but holding my husbands hand and giving him a peck on the lips, now that shell shocked those commuters out of their sleep! I'm sure i could've eaten a 3 course meal and not got the same shocked response.

But seriously, i have had water on the train, having been in tokyo in tsuyu and jumping from train to train to get to a destination, but that's about all. I have been very wary of following the rules. Besides, i hate it when people eat on the train in australia and leave their dirty wrappers, and empty cans rolling around the floor.

Back
Top Bottom