What's new

Giant squid visiting Toyama port

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
More animal-related news, this time marine life: in a rare incident, a giant squid entered a port in Toyama, allowing divers to experience a creepy encounter of the third kind.

Giant squid guided back to sea by diver after swimming into Japanese harbour

Giant squid that swam into Japanese bay guided back out to sea by diver

giant-squid.jpg

I don't see any information about the communications process that took place with that squid.

Like if I take the train into Tokyo I would expect anyone trying to turn me around to first ask me what I wanted to do in Tokyo.

Now them diver individuals -- do you suppose they checked first to make sure that squid didn't have relatives in Toyama Bay that the Toyama Bay Squid Population Authorities didn't know about?

I don't know, folks. I think there is something missing in the informaion we are getting. That they denied that squid entry to Toyama Bay and didn't tell us why is interesting. Maybe it was really a spy.

And the smokescreen is how they went on and on to the press about its size -- like there is something important about the size of a particular squid. I'll bet that might make some other squids a bit unhappy about how they seemed to carry on about that one particular squid's size.

Nope! I think there is something else in this story we aren't being told.

Thankfully, they didn't use the word "any" in either of the articles that Thomas linked to...! 😇

They are amazing creatures aren't they.
The one captured in the video was estimated to be 12 foot long, but others have been found that are way over 40 feet in length. Now that would be some ika geso!

I don't see any information about the communications process that took place with that squid.

Like if I take the train into Tokyo I would expect anyone trying to turn me around to first ask me what I wanted to do in Tokyo.

Now them diver individuals -- do you suppose they checked first to make sure that squid didn't have relatives in Toyama Bay that the Toyama Bay Squid Population Authorities didn't know about?

I don't know, folks. I think there is something missing in the informaion we are getting. That they denied that squid entry to Toyama Bay and didn't tell us why is interesting. Maybe it was really a spy.

And the smokescreen is how they went on and on to the press about its size -- like there is something important about the size of a particular squid. I'll bet that might make some other squids a bit unhappy about how they seemed to carry on about that one particular squid's size.

Nope! I think there is something else in this story we aren't being told.

Don't worry. I've contacted Mulder and Scully. They are onto the case.

They are amazing creatures aren't they.
The one captured in the video was estimated to be 12 foot long, but others have been found that are way over 40 feet in length. Now that would be some ika geso!
That was my first thought when reading this article, to be honest lol

This time it was not Toyama, but Fukui and the three-metre long specimen was no longer alive.

Amazing photos of another giant squid.

giant-squid-fukui.jpg

Back
Top Bottom