What's new

Ghosn: Learn from China

*sigh*

Yeah, Japan's economy isn't that great, and it doesn't help with a negative birthrate either...

But seriously... The economic future is in China... with 1.5 billion potential customers, it's like HUGE sea of gasoline just waiting for a match... The market is going to explode in China, and with China's mass new development projects to be completed before the 2008 olympics, I think it will be the economic power of the future...

my 2 cents...

Ratings
I couldn't agree with you more. China already has a huge burgeoning economy, behind only the U.S. and Japan. Once it starts to really go online, establish it's own line of domestic autombile manufacturers, etc. etc., China may very well be the next great marketbase assuming their government doesn't overstep it's boundaries. Will definitely be interesting to watch and see how it all unfolds over the next 10-20 years and I suspect they will be able to write their own ticket so to speak economically as a result. Hmm... I guess i'd better start learning Chinese... 8-p
:)

china is a huge population indeed, but the percentage that is able to represent a financially standing market is still small, say a 5%. the rest is rural undevelopped area.
so multiply all your estimations by 5% and you'll get the true figures.
china citizens need a change of mindset which goes at a much slower pace as the economic milestones set by the government. we are talking about generations here.
it will take another decennia or two to see the full explosion, time enough to learn chinese, which is interesting anyway

emperor

~*天 under の heaven 下*~
Ratings
China must learn a lesson from Japan economy crisis...
Nowaday, China economy has extremely heated, nearly expose.....
BEWARE!!! the coming collapsing of China economy~~~ Becareful

emperor

~*天 under の heaven 下*~
Ratings
Jean-Francois said:
Without true democracy, a vision can be just another hallucination.
Yes, you are right!
Like Taiwan, great democracy, fantastic poll... caused 6 millions VS 6 millions, this is not a hallucination...WOW!!!
If China,60 millions VS 60 millions

Oh, my god........ :sorry:

Last edited:
Ratings
Hello Dragon:

I would like to tell you that Taiwanese people have been trying to set up a democratic government since the past decade. Who knows whether they will succeed or not?

But all my Taiwanese friends tell me that their government is very corrupted. They say it is a disease inherited from the previous KMT government. Taiwanese people try very hard to get rid of the corruptions but they fail. They say they are disappointed and feel ashamed of their government.

The essence of the story is:

(1) Taiwanese people acknowledge their mistake, and most important, they are trying to improve the situation.

(2) Taiwanese people have the right to protest in Taiwan. For more than a decade, Taiwanese media is allowed to criticize their government on a daily basis, as in most democratic countries. Some Taiwanese individuals even went on TV to slander their President. None of them has to go to jail or labour camp for that.

Anyway, since I am not Taiwanese, I don't want to spend any more of my time to talk about this.

Bye bye bye.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever. - by a fool

emperor

~*天 under の heaven 下*~
Ratings
Thanks for your great explanation, Mr Maple.
Yes, probably I am a fool and immature youth, but I realized that western capitalism democratic system is very very difficult occurred in a great population, multiracial and poor nation.
Capitalism democratic system, yes, really maybe suitable in US, European, Japan etc because those are well-developed countries. But if this system set in a great imbalance of people income nation, it will be poor poorer, rich richer...Oh..... Riot, rebellion everywhere!!
Indeed, China has her unique democratic system, this is also truly democratic. Only some thought they are only the truth will ignore... Taiwan, a quite developed country also happened those miserable staff, this is hard to think if another coast also happened like this, world economy really.....???
A well democratic system must be supported by a strong economy.
Well, I am not a professional economist, I don't want to spend any more of my time to talk about this. :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
Ratings
emperor said:
Indeed, China has her unique democratic system, this is also a true democratic.
Democracy (from M-W):
"1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections"

Rule of the majority in the PRC? The CCP may be a party with a lot of members, but the majority? Far from it!
There may periodically held elections, but they're not free. You don't have a choice over there.
True democracy? How would you define that?

A well democratic system must supported by a strong economy.
Well, a strong economy definitely helps, but it's not a necessary requirement. Look at India: they have some problems but in general the democratic system there seems to work.