What's new

Gaki no Tsukai can be watched in english!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otviss

Registered
4 Jan 2016
Hey, y'all!

Just wanted to tell you that your favourite Japanese tv show "Gaki no tsukai (ガキの使い)" has a huge fanbase outside of Japan and there are a few subbing groups including mine that translate gaki episodes into English for your enjoyment. You might not have heard of Gaki any tsukai per se if you're not super into Japan's entertainment business. Still, considering how the "Downtown duo" Hamada Masatoshi and Matsumoto Hitoshi, are one of japans maybe JAPANS biggest comics, it could be considered strange you haven't stumbled across them.

Gaki no tsukai is most famous for hosting the annual "No laughing batsu games". Clips from shows from random years have gone viral on the net but usually under the name of "Crazy Japanese game show" or something in that style.

The "No laughing batsu games". Are what they sound. Batsu stands for punishment and no laughing game, well, all I say is "Don't laugh, or else you'll get punished".

Apart from the no laughing sequences. They release weekly episodes in japan with all kinds of themes. What's enjoyable about the show are the likeable characters that have grown together for more than 20 years.

Even if you haven't heard of the show or the "No laughing" games, don't worry. You have hours of entertainment ahead of you.

Resources to watch translated gaki no tsukai episodes are:

Gaki no Tsukai (Here you will most certainly get updates about new releases. Aswell as being able to browse the archives on the subreddit. use the top bar on the site and start watching!)

Gaki No Tsukai Fan Page / Forum - Index page (The gaki no tsukai forum where people can discuss and share everything GNT)

This is where I come in. I'm the head of one of few subbing groups that actively translate GNT.
Tofu Panda Fansubs! That's our name. We have Facebook and Twitter and a "Dailymotion" channel where all of our videos get released.

Along with us, there is:

Team Gaki
(Have most fans due to organising the annual batsu games and translate them with the help of voluntary translators and subbers. Generally a nice mix of friendly, supportive people)
Facebook: Team Gaki
____

DTRsubs (Run by 3 awesome individuals. One of which hosts a GNT streaming channel where you can enjoy random episodes 24/7.)
Livestream: ducktoaster's channel - Streamup
Facebook: DTR Subs
____

Tofu panda Fansubs (This is us!)
Facebook: Tofu Panda Fansubs
Dailymotion: TofuPandaFansubs - Dailymotion
____

Since I don't know Japanese, I don't translate, but I do everything else but translation. Along with 9 more people we try to release episodes regularly. Whilst trying to strive to be productive. Subbing is no race nor a competition. We are volunteers and do this in our free time, and want to keep it that way. It is essential to show respect for all individuals who help and put their time and effort into fansubbing outside of work or school. Solely because they want to and love the show. Great spirit overcomes everything, and if I can share that with the teammates I've got or all the fans, that's enough for me. :)

I want to invite you to join the wonderful community of Gaki no tsukai. If you want to start watching go ahead and visit the links, give the ones you want alike. I'll also answer any questions you've got about the show or anything else regarding the thread.

Every time we release an episode, I'll also release it here just in case.

If you want to help out with either "Typesetting" or "Translation", please send me a message to this profile.

That was my introduction to the forum, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the stay here. Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

I was thinking to take a break from homework and to look what is new here,because I have so much to read and I feel asleep. I found your thread about gaki no tsukai and I was curious what is but...so much to read :)) anyway looks interesting and fun

I saw one episode of this, and I was peeing myself. Oh lord, it is so hilarious. Why isn't this more popular in England?

I saw one episode of this, and I was peeing myself. Oh lord, it is so hilarious. Why isn't this more popular in England?
Like I said in the original message, the show does indeed have a big following outside of Japan, including England and the US, being most popular there.

At the moment, the newest "batsu game" is being subbed; you can check out the progress here: No Laughing Batsu 2015/16 – Subbing Status | Team Gaki

Anyhow, do you remember which episode it was you watched? :D

Like I said in the original message, the show does indeed have a big following outside of japan, including England and the US, being most popular there.

At the moment, the newest "batsu game" is being subbed, you can check out the progress here: No Laughing Batsu 2015/16 – Subbing Status | Team Gaki

Anyhow, do you remember which episode it was you watched? :D

No unfortunately not. Sorry but I think I watched it late at night and then forgot about it.

He's thinking of how viewers of the show obtained the material, since shows are not available for purchase, neither through streaming or dvd. Regular shows are not even available through streaming in japan if I remember correctly. But if individuals record live TV airing. Groups such as our own can without any profit in mind share comedy luxury to the rest of the world through translated gaki no tsukai.

It's a "non matter".

He's thinking of how viewers of the show obtained the material, since shows are not available for purchase, neither through streaming or dvd. Regular shows are not even available through streaming in japan if I remember correctly. But if individuals record live TV airing. Groups such as our own can without any profit in mind share comedy luxury to the rest of the world through translated gaki no tsukai.

It's a "non matter".

Oh ok. By the way I have watched the one where they do the negativity tour. Absolutely hilarious

It's a "non matter".

Whether your group profits or not is entirely irrelevant.

If Section XII of the forum rules doesn't specifically apply turn the rule needs to be reworded.
Forum Rules | Japan Forum

As much as I admire the zeal of those involved in the translation and the obvious non-commercial character of the project I'm afraid that Mike is right. Disseminating fan-subtitled versions of foreign films or television programs does constitute copyright infringement without expressed written consent of the producers or copyright holders. This does not seem to be the case here.

Compliant to our Rules, I'm therefore going to lock this thread, emphasising once again that JREF can not condone the illegal distribution of copyrighted material.

Forum Rules | Japan Forum
Fansubbing: Myths and FAQ
Fansub - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Celebrating Two Decades of Unlawful Progress: Fan Distribution, Proselytization Commons, and the Explosive Growth of Japanese Animation by Sean Leonard :: SSRN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom