What's new

From my experience

letslearn

先輩
11 Sep 2013
Hi guys,
In English we say. from my experience.......... .would you use the same literal meaning in Japanese to say the same thing? For example if I were to say.
From my experience, generally people are not interested in politics.
Would I use.
私の経験から、一般に人々が政治に興味がありません.
Or is that trying to hard to do a direct translation?
よろしくお願いします

You need to say
私の経験から見て
私の経験から言えば(言うと) or
私の経験から判断して(すれば/すると)

人々は is better.

You need to say
私の経験から見て
私の経験から言えば(言うと) or
私の経験から判断して(すれば/すると)

人々は is better.
Thank you hogesan, I will look into these then try a few examples.

Also can I put other verbs like 私の経験から聞いて from experience from what I've heard?

Last edited:
Here are a couple made up.
私の経験から言えば,日本語勉強することが楽しいです。
私の経験から聞いて,北海道には最高の雪を降るのがあります。

Also can I put other verbs like 私の経験から聞いて from experience from what I've heard?
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. If you've only heard it, then it isn't really your "experience", is it? Your phrase would mean something like "hearing from my experience", which doesn't really make sense. Better to go with
(私が)聞いた話では
聞いた話によると
...or the like. ("According to what I heard...")

Here are a couple made up.
私の経験から言えば,日本語勉強することが楽しいです。
This would sound better as:
私の経験から言えば日本語勉強することが楽しいです。
・・・日本語勉強するが楽しいです。
・・・日本語勉強楽しいです。

私の経験から聞いて,北海道には最高の雪を降るのがあります。
What exactly are you trying to say here? Without any additional qualifiers, 最高の雪 would mean something like "the best snow" (as in, the best snow for skiing or snowboarding).
In any event, the particle you have after 雪 is wrong, and 降るのがあります doesn't really make sense.

I could give you an answer based upon one possible interpretation, but maybe clarify what you're trying to say and try again yourself. Not to discourage you, but you seem to be confused about basic particles and grammatical constructions. I would suggest you go back and review those, as being able to say "In my experience..." isn't particularly helpful unless you can meaningfully describe what that experience is.

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. If you've only heard it, then it isn't really your "experience", is it? Your phrase would mean something like "hearing from my experience", which doesn't really make sense. Better to go with
(私が)聞いた話では
聞いた話によると
...or the like. ("According to what I heard...")

This would sound better as:
私の経験から言えば日本語勉強することが楽しいです。
・・・日本語勉強するが楽しいです。
・・・日本語勉強楽しいです。

What exactly are you trying to say here? Without any additional qualifiers, 最高の雪 would mean something like "the best snow" (as in, the best snow for skiing or snowboarding).
In any event, the particle you have after 雪 is wrong, and 降るのがあります doesn't really make sense.

I could give you an answer based upon one possible interpretation, but maybe clarify what you're trying to say and try again yourself. Not to discourage you, but you seem to be confused about basic particles and grammatical constructions. I would suggest you go back and review those, as being able to say "In my experience..." isn't particularly helpful unless you can meaningfully describe what that experience is.

I see that would never work. What I was trying to say is... from what what I heard hokkaido has the best snow fall. I didn't mention it but it is for skiing. I should have said best snow、 not snowfall. I will try again. Is there a difference between snow and snowfall in japanese?
聞いた話によると、北海道はスキーをするために最高の雪があります。
私の経験から言えば野沢温泉のアコモデイションは安いです。

One of the essential elements of learning Japanese (and a nice extra benefit as well) is an ability to be more aware of what you're saying/thinking in English in the first place.. Computing isn't the only field where GIGO applies.

For example: What do you mean by "best"? Didn't you actually mean "most"? (Quality vs quantity). Being aware there is a difference between "snow" and "snowfall" in English will help you see there is a difference in Japanese as well. If not, then seeing there is a difference in Japanese should make you aware there is a difference in English and just exactly what it is. (The frozen precipitation vs the accumulation thereof).

Back
Top Bottom