What's new

Found I have a half sibling in Japan

2gerbils

Registered

I found out a couple years back that I have an older half sibling in Japan, born mid-late 1955/early 1956. Unfortunately, my father has passed on, and no one else in this half of the family is aware of my sibling's existence. My dad was Jack Clement Miller, born Jan 31, 1933 and was in the Navy, and, I believe stationed in the Tokyo area in 1955. His girlfriend was pregnant when he left, and he never heard back from her ever again, even though he left her all necessary info for anything the baby might need. I might be able to dig up his ship info, but I have little else. I don't even have his girlfriend's name. He did say she was a madam, and that when he left, she'd amassed a fair amount of stock in Sony or similar company, so she wasn't worried about providing for the baby.

My dad (and I) have 0 negative blood, if that helps any. I'd really like to find him or her. I always had the feeling that I wasn't the oldest, and shortly before my dad died, he confirmed it, but swore me to secrecy.

Kim

Last edited:

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
In that era, a pregnancy between a disappeared US serviceman and an unwed prostitute most likely terminated in abortion or the child being placed in an orphanage.

Did your father say how far along she was when he left? There is always the possibility she knew he would be gone before she would start to show and that it was a fake pregnancy to scam him out of money or into marriage.

2gerbils

Registered
In that era, a pregnancy between a disappeared US serviceman and an unwed prostitute most likely terminated in abortion or the child being placed in an orphanage.

Did your father say how far along she was when he left? There is always the possibility she knew he would be gone before she would start to show and that it was a fake pregnancy to scam him out of money or into marriage.
Hi Mike -

She was already showing, probably 6-7 months along. According to my dad, she planned on keeping the baby, and was happy about having his child. He did ask her to marry him so he could take her back to the US, but she wanted to stay in Japan.

Any clues how to start looking?

Kim

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
I cant think of a single one.

No name, no city, no date of birth....I cant imagine any possible way to hunt for them.

Have you tried digging through all your father's old things in search of a letter or anything at all that might have name or location?