What's new

Finding work in smaller cities in West Japan

cocoichi

後輩
28 Jul 2015
Hi everybody,

I have a rather specific question, and hope that someone here could point me in the right direction.

After living for a few years with my Japanese wife in Europe, we are now preparing to move to Japan. We give ourselves about 1,5 years to get ready for this (saving as much salary as possible, improving my Japanese, etc).

My desired job in Japan would be being responsible for international marketing and sales for a small or medium sized Japanese enterprise. Preferably a company that has no previous international sales experience, so that I have the opportunity to build something from scratch. It would definitely be a plus if this could be in a city in west Japan(Osaka, Kyoto , Kobe, Okayama, Fukuoka, Kitakyushu, Oita, etc), as I like these parts of Japan the most. Even smaller cities will do!

Various websites have tons of vacancies for jobs in Tokyo or English teaching, but I do not see many vacancies for jobs related to sales and marketing in the regions that I mentioned. Is there anybody on this forum that can tell me where to look or what to do? Perhaps these companies do not place advertisements online. In that case I would like to know where they do place their ads.

Has anyone here ever sent open applications to interesting Japanese companies? I would be interested in the success rate of that!

If it helps: We do not move before I am near N2 level Japanese. At that time I will have a background of 5 years in sales, and 2,5 years in consulting and project management. Furthermore I have a degree in international business, and online marketing certificates.

All help will be appreciated!

Thanks for the quick response Glenski! I took a brief look at Career Cross and it does seem like a page I could really use.

Of course I am still interested in hearing the stories of people with similar goals who have gone through this process before!

Back
Top Bottom