What's new

Dropping by to say hello

IndieDevM

後輩
16 Dec 2015
Hello all!

I've been reading around the site for a while now, but thought it was about time I actually said hello and started to get involved on the forums a bit more. So hello everyone! :)

I'm currently living in rainy old England, but I have just got back from staying in Shiga for 3 months doing some volunteer English teaching. I've been fascinated with all things about Japan since I was a little kid, so it was great to finally start living the dream and spend some time over there. I've lived in the UK for 30 years and always felt a bit out of place, going to Japan feels like I've finally found somewhere I belong, and even though I only stayed there a short time, Shiga feels more like my home now!

I'm hoping to save up enough money to be able to go back again this year for another 3 months to do the same, and hopefully next year for another 6 months as well. In preparation for when I go back I have now started trying to learn and improve my Japanese as well, as although I've always been interested in Japan, I've only learnt a very basic amount of Japanese.

I'm glad I found this site as it looks like it has a lot of resources and a fairly active community which I hope to join :)

Nice to meet you all!

Hello all!

I've been reading around the site for a while now, but thought it was about time I actually said hello and started to get involved on the forums a bit more. So hello everyone! :)

I'm currently living in rainy old England, but I have just got back from staying in Shiga for 3 months doing some volunteer English teaching. I've been fascinated with all things about Japan since I was a little kid, so it was great to finally start living the dream and spend some time over there. I've lived in the UK for 30 years and always felt a bit out of place, going to Japan feels like I've finally found somewhere I belong, and even though I only stayed there a short time, Shiga feels more like my home now!

I'm hoping to save up enough money to be able to go back again this year for another 3 months to do the same, and hopefully next year for another 6 months as well. In preparation for when I go back I have now started trying to learn and improve my Japanese as well, as although I've always been interested in Japan, I've only learnt a very basic amount of Japanese.

I'm glad I found this site as it looks like it has a lot of resources and a fairly active community which I hope to join :)

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome. I hope you had a chance to ride the Michigan Boat while you were there.

Welcome. I hope you had a chance to ride the Michigan Boat while you were there.

It's funny actually, I was living only a 10 minute walk from the Otsu port and often walked past it, but didn't actually get around to going on it! Next time for sure though! :)

It's funny actually, I was living only a 10 minute walk from the Otsu port and often walked past it, but didn't actually get around to going on it! Next time for sure though! :)
There's no other place to get such an authentic Japanese experience. 😁

Back
Top Bottom