What's new

Do you have the dream/desire of dating a japanese woman?

redfalcon

Registered
12 Apr 2017
Hello, i know this is probably what people would call a stupid idea fueled by cinema, mangas and entertainment culture, but i have always been fascinated by asian women, and that includes japanese women. The reasons why i like that idea is that i often associate them to the picture of an attentive, motherly and loyal woman.

I often think about those scenes where a man suddenly notices a woman somewhere in a field, there is a small, light wind carrying pink cherry trees petals, and then the background is set for some sort of fateful, harmonious encounter. I know that this is very cliché but i have never been at ease with women( i often feel a wide gap between me and women, like i cannot understand them and things seem very complicated nowadays) and i feel maybe i would be more at ease with an asian woman.

Have you ever felt like this?

I'd advise you to snap out of it quickly. Anime presents viewers with an idealized fantasy that does not apply to the real world; the situations and characters shown are exagerrated and not representative of real-life Japan.

Japanese Girls Are The Best

Last edited:
Hello, i know this is probably what people would call a stupid idea fueled by cinema, mangas and entertainment culture, but i have always been fascinated by asian women, and that includes japanese women. The reasons why i like that idea is that i often associate them to the picture of an attentive, motherly and loyal woman.

I often think about those scenes where a man suddenly notices a woman somewhere in a field, there is a small, light wind carrying pink cherry trees petals, and then the background is set for some sort of fateful, harmonious encounter. I know that this is very cliché but i have never been at ease with women( i often feel a wide gap between me and women, like i cannot understand them and things seem very complicated nowadays) and i feel maybe i would be more at ease with an asian woman.

Nope. It's pretty far out there in the what world.

Just go talk to women. They're people. Some are jerks, some are nice, none are perfect. Just like all other people. Talk to them because you want to make friends in the same way you would talk to a guy because you want to make friends. Maybe you'll meet one you like being friends with so much that you want to be around her all the time. This is the basis for a real relationship.

I've dated women from a variety of places and I can tell you one thing for certain. You want to find someone you enjoy talking to because they say things that make you think and learn. Treat her with respect and care like you would any other friend. Expect her to treat you with the same respect and care.

Never talk about this weird Asian fetish again. It's ridiculous because race doesn't have anything to do with personality. Culture does, to some extent, but not as much as you seem to want to believe.

Also, the field thing? Very weird. In a really specific way. Don't mention that either.

i know this is probably what people would call a stupid idea fueled by cinema, mangas and entertainment culture

You have correctly identified this. If you can't spend some time actually in Japan seeing what real people are like, then I suggest watching some variety shows and video blogs. I mean, people are still not acting quite naturally in those since they are aware of the camera, but they are at least being themselves and not playing a scripted role so it's closer.

As for the cherry blossom scenes, it's just a trope to tell the audience 'the protaganist is overwhelmed with romantic emotion'. It's no different from the camera tricks or background music used to convey the same idea in other culture's cinematography. (Also, that's usually not a 'field', it's a park, and the true romantic miracle is that the park is empty of all but the two lovers in the middle of cherry blossom season. In real life, there will be crowds out for 花見 (hanami - cherry blossom viewing) at all hours. Also when the setting is a month before christmas to set up the big christmas date episode, the miracle is that cherry blossoms are falling in the late autumn....)

Don't listen to these naysayers. Lucky for you it's 2017 and you will soon have the ability to find this girl of your dreams. Virtual Reality is on the cusp of taking off in a way we can barely imagine.
This girl of your dreams will look and behave exactly as you want her too. You can find her in the middle of a sunlit field with cherry blossoms drifting by. It will all be there as you dream. Some people will say yes but she's "not real" but what is real anyway? And what does it matter if you're happy?

Beyond Second Life: Philip Rosedale's Gutsy Plan for a New Virtual-Reality Empire - IEEE Spectrum

Kind of like saying I think I'll try taking some honey from this African killer bee nest , what could go wrong. It's been over 40 years since I fell in love with a Japanese woman and I still have not forgotten how complicated and at times a bit painful it was. At 21 years of age I thought love could conquer all and got burned by real life.

I understand, to be honest i expect the difficulties you are mentioning, though it does not cost anything to just dream sometimes. It is not like the opportunity would happen where i live so it can remain a dream taht does not have too much impact. I have always been alone(never dated a single woman in fact) since always for various reasons(social anxiety being part of it, but also difficulties to trust people, anticipate and understand bascial social interactions) so i could say i spend more time with my imagination than with people.

You are 100 percent correct. Whenever a foreigner meets a Japanese woman, several things are evident:

1. Koto music plays in the background out of nowhere.
2. The woman/girl is always cute or lovely, never overweight, pimply, or plain looking.
3. There is always a hint of secret flesh showing in the breeze, whether her neckline, bosom, leg, or whatever. It is incredibly tantalizing and shown on purpose to attract foreigners.
4. The woman/girl is automatically attracted to you and fears you at the same time. It is an irresistible reaction on her part which only leads to incredible sex later. Sex is nonstop, too, and she never tires.
5. When she doesn't have sex with you, she dotes on you incessantly. The blonder you are, the more she dotes.

I hope my sarcasm comes through. I have a penchant for Asian women, too, but I take them as seriously as any woman when it comes to relationships. They are as human as anyone.

I understand, to be honest i expect the difficulties you are mentioning, though it does not cost anything to just dream sometimes. It is not like the opportunity would happen where i live so it can remain a dream taht does not have too much impact. I have always been alone(never dated a single woman in fact) since always for various reasons(social anxiety being part of it, but also difficulties to trust people, anticipate and understand bascial social interactions) so i could say i spend more time with my imagination than with people.
Consider going to a therapist.

The cost of dreams tends to be not getting what is possible in reality. Would you rather have this dream or a real person who you like and who likes you? She won't be perfect because no one is, but perfect is far overrated.

Good luck, and do your best to rein in your imagination because fetishization isn't good for you.

I have always been alone(never dated a single woman in fact) since always for various reasons(social anxiety being part of it, but also difficulties to trust people, anticipate and understand bascial social interactions) so i could say i spend more time with my imagination than with people.

You can overcome some of the social difficulties you are having through trying to develop friendships (with either sex) which will give you the social skills to form relationships with women when you meet ones that you are attracted to.
It sounds like you are somewhat scared of women and you think that a gentle and quietly spoken (quietly spoken - ha! you should hear my wife berating the children!) Japanese woman would be easiest to have a relationship with. Try making friends with women, particularly those from your own background (believe me, it's usually easier in the long run) without any ulterior motives, and it's possible that the friendship will grow into something else.
Good luck and thanks for sharing your dream.

The perfect solution!

3E52290E00000578-4320354-image-a-89_1489673794645.jpg

Oh please, @mdchachi. Why link him a game with graphics from 20 years ago that's still in development when he can have one with modern graphics right now?

Of course, there are also already VR games available that go further than this. There are even ones that support a certain controller with a certain depth sensor for immersive interaction, if you catch my drift.

anime girls are the girls Japanese guys dream of because the real ones aren't like that.

I've dated many Japanese girls and they are indeed loyal and motherly but not their way of being attentive is too subtle to be satisfying especially compared to french girls who are touchy and not shy to be affectionate.

This is an interesting topic and I really want to make a comment on this. Here my two cent, if anyone cares.

Everyone in this forum is right and ismail is right "anime girls are the girls Japanese guys dream of because the real ones aren't like that", watch "welcome to nhk" it covers what he said, episode 1 to 4.

Look, I understand where you're coming from, I was the same way too, I was so deep into the anime world and I thought this is how all Asian women were like, but they are not. Asian women are just like your western women.

The anime girlfriend you're looking for is not going to happen, well maybe it can, if the stars, sun, earth and moon all lineup that day. What I mean is, the chances / percentage of you meeting someone like this in the situation your looking for is are very, very, very low.

Here a true story; when I first went to Japan, I was all over the place inside the airport, rushing to make this event in Kyoto that night. While trying to make my way to the airport train station to Tokyo train station to get to the next train to go to Kyoto. Anyhow to keep this long story short, after activating my JR Pass, and was directed to go downstairs to catch the NEX train. While I was waiting for the train, I wasn't sure if I was on the right platform or level. I saw this young lovely woman who was near me and I ask for her help, we talk in English, she answer my question and showed me where I to stand (because of the car,) after getting myself together to go stand where she told me, I look back and saw her looking down smiling (it wasn't just a smile, it was one of those smile, smile.) Now was there someone there, I don't know. Could there have been someone there, I don't know. Was it my anime kawaii side moment, YES.

If you are looking for Asian women who act like anime female characters, you might want to date a woman who deeply into anime that follow the life style of anime female characters or date a woman who into cosplay that take on the role of the character. I have met some cosplay ladies who deeply take on a character style (scary).

I'll tell you what I tell all my anime friends who are heavily deep into anime, get on a plane and go to Japan and see it for yourself.

Interesting discussion lol

Just to add my two cents that have been already added, it's not just all pink and bright and wonderful and magic.
I'm currently in a complicated relationship with a Japanese woman which leads nowhere. Before you say, "at least you have fun and your jammy can kill a punani." No, we don't have sex.

Back
Top Bottom