What's new

Cosplay translation help

sophieeemoss

Registered
8 Apr 2015
Hi there, I've been trying to find a place to ask for help for ages now. I found a great Kaneki mask tutorial (from Tokyo Ghoul) but it's in Japanese, which sadly I can't read. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks everyone ^-^
This is the text and the link to the page where I found it Pictures
Thanks again

東京喰種カネキマスクの作り方その1

顔にラップとガムテープを巻き、顔型を取ります。

紙に写し、左右のバランスを見るために一旦組み立てます。

口の形を決めたら再度バラして型紙の完成。

フェイス、顎、首、眼帯と全部で4つの型紙になりました。

東京喰種カネキマスクの作り方その2

フェイス部分を作ります。

型紙に合わせて合皮をカット。

鼻から口、口から顎の部分を縫い、その後顎の下のパーツと縫い合わせます。

口の中の部分に細かい切れ込みを入れ、針金を口の輪郭の形に巻き込むようにG17ボンドで貼り付けます。

鼻と頬の部分も同じように針金を仕込めば、フェイスのベースのできあがり。

東京喰種カネキマスクの作り方その3

首のパーツをファスナーと共に縫い、更にフェイス部分と縫い合わせます。

次にエラ(?)の金具を作ります。
100円ショップで買ったエンボススタンプをベースにします。

2mmと5mmのライオンボードを3,4枚目の写真のように丸くカットし、サンドイッチ状に貼り付け。エンボススタンプと一緒にジェッソで下塗り→シルバーのスプレーで塗装します。

マスクのエラの下あたりに穴を空け、エンボススタンプでマスクを挟み込むように接着。その上に金具部分を貼り付け。

これでだいぶそれらしくなってきたかな??

東京喰種金木マスクの作り方その4

口の中を作ります。

今回は歯をモデナという、軽くて柔軟性のある樹脂風粘土で作りました。乾燥後に透明なマニキュアを塗りツヤを出しています。

次にライオンボードを歯の生え際の形に切り取り、グルーガンで歯茎を盛ります。
G17ボンドで赤の合皮をぴっちり貼ったら、更に上から歯を押し付けるように接着。

なかなかいい感じになりました。

東京喰種カネキマスクの作り方その5

眼帯を作ります。

ライオンボードを四角くカットし、同じく細い紐状にカットしたライオンボードで縁どり。真ん中にもXの形に張り付けます。

合皮をぴっちり貼りこんで上から押さえ、ラインを出します。

ちょうどいい大きさのハトメがなかったので、代わりにワッシャーを着けました。

最後に合皮で作ったバンドを縫いつければ出来上がり。

眼帯部分でマジックテープで固定できるようになっています。

東京喰種カネキマスクの作り方その6

いよいよ仕上げです。

赤い合皮にファスナーを付け、歯のパーツと重ねて縫います。

それをフェイスに貼り付けたら、鼻の部分にワッシャーとゴム紐を付けて完成!

ゴム紐は眼帯の裏にホックを付けて固定できるようにしています。もちろん眼帯もマスクも単体での着用OK。ファスナーの開閉も可能です。

自分の顔ぴったりのサイズ&リアルなマスクが出来上がりました。

How to make a Tokyo Ghoul Kaneki mask, part 1
Wrap your face in cling film and packing tape to get its shape. Trace the shape onto paper and reconstruct it temporarily to ensure symmetry. Once you've decided on the shape of the mouth, flatten it again. The shape paper is now complete.

In total you need four of these shape papers: face, jaw, neck and eyepatch.

Part 2
We will now create the face piece.

Place the paper shape against synthetic leather and cut around it. Stitch from the nose to the mouth, then from the mouth to the jaw. Afterwards, stitch on the lower jaw part.

Make small incisions inside the mouth area, then attach a wire in the shape of the mouth using G17ボンド ("G17 bond") and roll up the leather.

The nose and cheek areas are constructed in a similar fashion, by embedding wire. With that, the base of the face piece is complete.

Part 3
Stitch zippers onto the neck part, then stitch it to the face part.

Next we'll create the "gills" (?) - metal fixtures - using embossing stamps as a base (can be bought at a 100yen shop).
As shown in pictures 3 and 4, cut some 2mm and 5mm ライオンボード ("Raionboad", apparently since renamed to リアラボード "Realaboad") into discs and sandwich them together. Apply a base coating to the discs and the stamps using ジェッソ ("Jesso", the black paint in the 5th picture) and then an upper coating using silver spray.

Make holes in the mask and glue embossing stamps together so they sit on either side of the mask. Attach the metal fixtures on top.

It's starting to look the part isn't it?

Part 4
We'll now create the inside of the mouth.

The teeth are made with a light and soft resin-like clay called Modena. Once they've dried, apply transparent varnish.

Next, cut a piece of Raionboad so it looks like the top of a row of teeth, and cover the borders with a glue gun. Attach red synthetic leather using G17 bond and glue the teeth on top.

Part 5
It's time to make the eyepatch.

Cut a piece of Raionbond into a square and some "strings". Put the strings around the edges of the square and as an "X" in the middle. Carefully attach leather and push it down to make the lines become visible. I didn't have eyelets in the right size so I used washers instead.

Finally, create the band with leather and stitch the eyepatch on. It's now possible to attach things to the eyepatch using magic tape.

Part 6
We're nearing the end. Attach a zipper to some red leather and stitch that onto the teeth part. Finally, attach it all to the face part, put washers and a rubber string on the nose and you're done! For the rubber string, attach a small hook to the backside of the eyepatch.

Of course, the eyepatch and the mask can also be used by themselves. The zippers can be opened and closed as you like.

Your perfectly fitting and real-looking mask is now complete.

Last edited:
In Part 3 the エラ is 鰓 (gills)....the silver disk bits.

Back
Top Bottom