What's new

Congratulations to China, now largest economy in PPP.

FinancialWar

Sempai
19 May 2006
Chinese has finally done it, dethroning the USA as the world largest economy in the more important measure, GDP PPP.

I will post a similar thread in a decade's time when China overtake USA in absolutely term, ie, nominal GDP.

It's time to throw away the dollar and instate the Yuan as the world reserve currency and Mandarin should replace English as the official language of UN & JREF.

Move over America: China overtakes US as world's biggest economy (kind

Congratulations too, on China overtaking Saint Vincent and the Grenadines on the Human Development Index .... now riding high at 91st in the world.

Bit more work to do on Freedoms though:
http://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2014/china-0#.VDmq57CsWwk

and 6th worst in the world for this basic human right:
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/press_freedom.htm

I stopped reading about the appalling health problems, lack of sanitation, clean drinking water, shocking working and living conditions, lack of basic civil liberties etc etc.
it was depressing me!

I will post a similar thread in a decade's time when China overtake USA in absolutely term, ie, nominal GDP.

It's time to throw away the dollar and instate the Yuan as the world reserve currency and Mandarin should replace English as the official language of UN & JREF.

I wouldn`t grab those Yuans if I was you my friend. A big crash is coming to China`s banking system.

The $15 trillion shadow over Chinese banks

There is NO WAY that I would put any money into china now. Far too much risk, for piddling, and only vaguely possible return.

FinancialWar, I don't think so and am not agree that China overtake America in economy. What you told was an exaggeration about China and an underestimation about America.
When all eastern countries were asleep in the last century, America was awake and watchful. It was collecting and storing the largest treasure of gold in the history. The capitalists of America are the richest people in the world. I heard, if the wealth of one of American capitalist is divided between people of a poor country, all the people will become wealthy!

FinancialWar, I don't think so and am not agree that China overtake America in economy. What you told was an exaggeration about China and an underestimation about America.
When all eastern countries were asleep in the last century, America was awake and watchful. It was collecting and storing the largest treasure of gold in the history. The capitalists of America are the richest people in the world. I heard, if the wealth of one of American capitalist is divided between people of a poor country, all the people will become wealthy!
As an American (and by extension, capitalist), if you divide all my wealth to all of the people of pretty much any country, each person would end up with far less than than one cent. I do agree that the fact that I have access to clean water, virtually unlimited food and own my own home makes me extraordinarily wealthy compared to many people across the world.

FinancialWar was banned over a year ago, he won't be responding to you unless that ban was lifted.

And China's economy looks like it's ready to nosedive on a good day.

However, America is still the richest and most powerful country in the world, although China is going to develop its economy and military power nowadays.
I can say China is the most successful country that could develop its economy by developing its technology, industry and foreign trade. Chinese used all their policy to modify and rebuild their economy by dominating on the international markets. The basis of their policy was that to manufacture cheap industrial productions and offer them to the people that were not able to buy expensive things.
Nonetheless, China is not richer than America, but we can say it is more successful in compare with USA, in regards to industrial productions, international trade and economic policies.

Last edited:
I'm no economist, but this doesn't look too good

The two aren't exactly analogous and it's all just a massive shell game anyways, but from the looks of it opening up a stock market wasn't such a good idea.

The one thing I've been paying attention to that China is doing right is their pursuit of renewable energy and new nuclear programs, something that the rest of the world is woefully behind on. But that's perhaps due to the fact that they've been experiencing firsthand the effects of being the largest single contributor of greenhouse gas on the planet

Last edited:
I'm no economist, but this doesn't look too good

The two aren't exactly analogous and it's all just a massive shell game anyways, but from the looks of it opening up a stock market wasn't such a good idea.

The one thing I've been paying attention to that China is doing right is their pursuit of renewable energy and new nuclear programs, something that the rest of the world is woefully behind on. But that's perhaps due to the fact that they've been experiencing firsthand the effects of being the largest single contributor of greenhouse gas on the planet

Yes, thank you for your professional reply, and the links is useful.
IMO,The economy will still be relatively stagnant in 2016

Back
Top Bottom