What's new

Concerning Yakkan Shoumei

Yakobu

Registered
26 Dec 2014
Hi. I am heading to Japan on a work visa through Kansai International Airport, arriving there January 14. I want to bring three months worth of Escitalopram (Lexapro). I know if one wants to bring more than a month's worth of medication they are supposed to apply for a Yakkan Shoumei. I looked at the details and printed the required documents and I have been trying to fill them out, but I don't think the instructions are clear enough. Even after looking at further instructions i'm still not sure if I am entering things right (ex: when I'm supposed to enter the amount I want to bring over am I supposed to mention the amount per bottle or the total amount, including the amount I wouldn't need a Yakkan Shoumei to bring in? I don't want to accidentally give misleading information and then be in trouble in customs). Plus, I don't have much time left and I'm concerned that by now I won't have enough time to receive the form before I enter Japan (I know I should've done it sooner but I've been preoccupied with a bunch of other things I have needed to do to get ready).

I doubt there's any direct alternative to the Yakkan Shoumei, but would relatives maybe be able to ship the rest to me from America? Is it illegal to send medication in the mail?

Enter the total amount you intend to bring with you.

It looks like you should be detailed regarding packaging. For example, if it is 50 count bottles and you're bringing three, then write it that way (50 tablet bottles x 3: total 150 tablets) or if it is twenty blister pack sheets of ten each then write it that way (20 sheets of 10 tablets: total 200 tablets).

Just make sure you accurately describe the amount and nature of the packaging. There is no penalty for being too detailed.

Lexapro became available in Japan three years ago, by the way.

Hi. I am heading to Japan on a work visa through Kansai International Airport, arriving there January 14. I want to bring three months worth of Escitalopram (Lexapro). I know if one wants to bring more than a month's worth of medication they are supposed to apply for a Yakkan Shoumei. I looked at the details and printed the required documents and I have been trying to fill them out, but I don't think the instructions are clear enough. Even after looking at further instructions i'm still not sure if I am entering things right (ex: when I'm supposed to enter the amount I want to bring over am I supposed to mention the amount per bottle or the total amount, including the amount I wouldn't need a Yakkan Shoumei to bring in? I don't want to accidentally give misleading information and then be in trouble in customs). Plus, I don't have much time left and I'm concerned that by now I won't have enough time to receive the form before I enter Japan (I know I should've done it sooner but I've been preoccupied with a bunch of other things I have needed to do to get ready).

I doubt there's any direct alternative to the Yakkan Shoumei, but would relatives maybe be able to ship the rest to me from America? Is it illegal to send medication in the mail?

You are leaving it late, but I got my Yakkan Shoumei back 5 days after posting the forms from Australia. Make sure you include everything required and highlight that you want it sent to you by email ... you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom