What's new

Concern about banner ad content

Craig Fryer

先輩
5 Dec 2002
Thomas I concerned about some of the ads that have been appearing on the banner exchange lately.

Our site (www.japaneselifestyle.com.au) has a very broad readership including many young school children. Some of the ads that are appearing are not really suitable for this readership.

I don't know if your new banner system has any options here for different ad ratings. My only other option is to not place the banner network on these pages :p This is not my prefered option as these pages; Christmas in Japan etc are some of our most popular.

I was pleased to see most of the ads that have nothing to do with Japan/Japanese have been removed quickly. :)

I like the idea of receiving credits for clicks with the new system. Our site sends out far more traffic to the network than we receive back so it is an added incentive to remain in the network.

Hi Craig,

thanks for your feedback and your kind words! I know we've had a few minor problems with exchange members in the past, but all of these cases have been resolved peacefully.

I have to admit that not all of our member sites are Japan-related, but it is our top priotity to keep the exchange (and the rest of the site) family-friendly. It may be interesting to know that we actually reject 90% of all submissions.

The new exchange will definitely focus on Japan-related sites, even if this will result in a significant increase of rejections.

Thanks again for your support! 🙂

PS: If you have concerns about specific sites, please do not hesitate to contact me through PM.

Back
Top Bottom