What's new

Colours?

xTIDx

後輩
2 Dec 2015
I've been doing colours and some things have an い on the end eg. あかい so is it pronounced akai or aka?

I've been looking at some including the genki one, but it's quite expensive. I do have a beginners Japanese dictionary though.
I will give you the same advice Mike gave me like year ago.
Download free pdf of the book, you can find it just by googling "Genki 1 pdf" or buy used 1st edition which probably costs around 10$ and only difference between it and the new one is instead of cassette you have translation of compact disc.
And if you can't find find audio files I think I have them somewhere on my pc.

I will give you the same advice Mike gave me like year ago.
Download free pdf of the book, you can find it just by googling "Genki 1 pdf" or buy used 1st edition which probably costs around 10$ and only difference between it and the new one is instead of cassette you have translation of compact disc.
And if you can't find find audio files I think I have them somewhere on my pc.
The only websites I can find make you sign u to download, do you remember what website you got it from?

To be 100% safe I recommend you to scan the rar but it should be fine.
And it took me 1 minute to find it on google so next time try a little harder.
And well good luck learning the language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
Ok so this thing should have genki 1 genki 2 and audio files.
To be 100% safe I recommend you to scan the rar but it should be fine.
And it took me 1 minute to find it on google so next time try a little harder.
And well good luck learning the language.

I put some spaces because I wasn't sure if I can post links.

I removed the link due to copyright thing. It's against the forum rules, and illegal in the first place.
XII. Torrents and file sharing
Japan Reference (JREF) does not permit posting hyperlinks to torrents, MP3s, yousendit/megaupload/rapidshare, or any other file-sharing services due to the sensitive nature of copyright protection. You are not allowed to request these kind of files from other users.
Forum Rules | Japan Forum

As for the OP's initial question, あか is a noun/the name of a color, whereas あかい is an adjective. The following thread might be somewhat helpful.
Conjugating colours | Japan Forum

I removed the link due to copyright thing. It's against the forum rules, and illegal in the first place.

Forum Rules | Japan Forum

As for the OP's initial question, あか is a noun/the name of a color, whereas あかい is an adjective. The following thread might be somewhat helpful.
Conjugating colours | Japan Forum
Yeah sorry my bad should have just emailed it or something like that.
And as for it being illegal sharing information for free to those who can't afford it is nice thing to do.

Yeah sorry my bad should have just emailed it or something like that.
And as for it being illegal sharing information for free to those who can't afford it is nice thing to do.

Anybody who can afford a device to access the internet and the cost of internet service can afford a used textbook. It is a matter of what one chooses to prioritize.

Who knows she might be using free pc and internet in library. ^^
Yes she can afford to buy used book, and if you really want to learn something then you can say no to allot, but she is young(me assuming) and if information costs so much it can put you off and you might never learn it just because of that reason.

Regardless what you think about your behavior, it IS illegal. Do you think you can get away with stealing money because you are poor?

By the way, this thread is going off topic now. This is a warning.

Regardless what you think about your behavior, it IS illegal. Do you think you can get away with stealing money because you are poor?

By the way, this thread is going off topic now. This is a warning.
I own a genuine copy of genki so I m not stealing.
No if i steal and I'm poor I won't get away, but if I m rich maybe.
And I m not black and white person, I like colors. :)
(Last off topic message)

Whether your copy is genuine or not, you can't provide the copy to others without the permission of the copyright holder. Your action is illegal, anyway. Period.

Thinking about colors always make me think about how they call green traffic lights in Japan あお and not 緑. Really scared me when I was in cars when I was just in Japan.

青 originally covered green in Japanese. For instance, 青葉 refers to young green leaves, and 青二才 means "immature" as same as greenhorn in English. Interesting, isn't it?;)

Also...しりがあおい
....means young/inexperienced.

Westerners (I should say Caucasian westerners) have trouble understanding why a "blue posterior" means young or without experience. It's the Mongolian spot. Asians (and a lot of other races I just learned) are born with blue-ish spot at the base of their spine . It goes away eventually. My kids (half-Asian) had prominent Mongolian spots.

Sooo many idioms that involve color. Fun stuff.

EDIT: originally wrote おしりがあおい, but I think the regular expression is しりがあおい (no お at the beginning).

Back
Top Bottom