What's new

China money on Hollywood

kei1980

Kouhai
31 Oct 2015
It appears that hollywood movies are trying to China look good in their movies recently. It's OK to an extent because they are sponsors. But too much those portrayals look funny to be honest. Those scenes may spoil the whole movie.

There are some movies that China helps people when the people are in a problem. For example, "2012" "The Martian" "Independence Day: Resurgence".

In "2012", Chinese ships save people from the disaster.
In "The Martian", China teaches technology to NASA.
In "Independence Day:Resurgence" There's a scene that a man buys Chinese milk with no hesitate. As you might know, Chinese milk is known to have some problem with the quality.
There were two Chinese people that were very responsible which is very very rare to see in real life.

Those remind me "Ed wood".

I often see some very prejudiced remarks against China or prejudiced reviews of Chinese products from Japanese people posting on the internet. Are your opinions regarding China entirely objective or do you have some prejudice against China?

Earlier, you were complaining about the way Hollywood treats/depicts Asians and now you're complaining because they don't depict China poorly enough. It is hard not to see humor in the apparent contradiction.

I'm not sure if what I'm talking is prejudice as far as I know. I just can't stand their behavior. It's OK if they behave well.
It's just my opinion. I just wanted to know how American people feel about those tendency. Paramount Pictures is selling their stock to China. I hope they won't film movies like anti-Japanese movies. I like the U.S. I hope this good relationships last forever.

What I said earlier regarding Old movies are just seemed to portray Asian people like these:
yunioshi.png

13f9ff59.jpg

By the way, I think old people who know these are kind of Anti-U.S.

Last edited:
Yes, the Yunioshi character in Breakfast at Tiffany's is a really ugly stereotype that spoils an otherwise very good film. Hopefully we have all moved on from that era.

It is a two-way problem though, and in recent years both McDonalds and ANA have pulled advertising campaigns in Japan after complaints that they were stereotyping foreigners. In the ANA campaign, Japanese people were pretending to be westerners by wearing big fake noses. Very classy.

There are some movies that China helps people when the people are in a problem. For example, "2012" "The Martian" "Independence Day: Resurgence".

I haven't seen any of those.

In "2012", Chinese ships save people from the disaster.

That's international maritime law. Do you believe it is normal practice for Chinese ships not to render assistance?

In "The Martian", China teaches technology to NASA.

Even though NASA would like to cooperate with China, they are forbidden from doing so. Does it bother you to think that China might have something useful to share with NASA? I'm American and that doesn't hurt my pride at all.

In "Independence Day:Resurgence" There's a scene that a man buys Chinese milk with no hesitate. As you might know, Chinese milk is known to have some problem with the quality.

Thank goodness there are never any problems with Japanese milk or Japanese food and Japanese food producers don't make mistakes

There were two Chinese people that were very responsible which is very very rare to see in real life.

You can stop wondering....you're prejudiced.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any of those.
I don't think you can answer if you haven't seen them. Your opinions are logical though.
Thank goodness there are never any problems with Japanese milk or Japanese food and Japanese food producers don't make mistakes
Those issues are quite rare, so it's hard to understand why you compare with these things. If those issues are happening on daily basis in Japan , why wealthy group of Chinese people buy Japanese products?

You can stop wondering....you're bigoted.
There are several Chinese part time workers in the company I worked at and there were many stories. They were students. They would go to the toilet and spent an hour sometimes.
In the break room, they would put their legs on the tables.
One day one them were leaving the company, so he had to teach what to he does, but the new worker couldn't do well. The worker who was leaving was upset and he pulled the new workers ears strongly! Do you want to know more?

Do you know this?:

Do you know what's happening in Spratly Islands?
Do you still trust them?

No. This is a website on Japan. Please go elsewhere with your anti-China stuff.
I would be told that Japanese people don't express the emotion and say "yes" about anything anytime we are asked.
But see? If I say my opinion, this is what happens. Not try to understand and stop discussing.
I can leave this forum if if you say so. Can you leave Japan if you were told to leave Japan?

Last edited:
Those issues are quite rare, so it's hard to understand why you compare with these things.

Rare? Did you look at the dates on the food recalls?

I compare to point out your propensity for 自分のことを棚に上げる.

If those issues are happening on daily basis in Japan , why wealthy group of Chinese people buy Japanese products?

If Chinese stuff is all horrible, why does Japan import so much of it?

There are several Chinese part time workers in the company I worked at and there were many stories. They were students. They would go to the toilet and spent an hour sometimes.

And we all know that Japanese workers never slack off...

One day one them were leaving the company, so he had to teach what to he does, but the new worker couldn't do well. The worker who was leaving was upset and he pulled the new workers ears strongly!

I was at a place one morning when one Japanese worker hit another Japanese worker over the head with a hammer. The victim was taken away by ambulance and the attacker was arrested and charged with attempted murder.

Is it your contention that workplace violence is a Chinese phenomenon and doesn't exist in Japan?

Do you still trust them?

Whether I do or do not trust anyone was never under discussion here.

If Chinese stuff is all horrible, why does Japan import so much of it?
It's OK, if it's not a food. By the way, a lot of Japanese companies are leaving from China.
I was at a place one morning when one Japanese worker hit another Japanese worker over the head with a hammer. The victim was taken away by ambulance and the attacker was arrested and charged with attempted murder.
Does this happen often?

I will leave here because you never try to understand and just deny me taking up extreme examples. Sorry but I can not discuss anymore. Now I just want them to behave well and speak quietly when in quiet places.

Back
Top Bottom