What's new

Changing visa in Japan

Moniex208

Registered
6 Dec 2017
Hi guys, I have some questions to ask, I will be glad if anyone can help me with answers, I have visiting visa I want to visit my girlfriend in Tokyo, And she wants me to stay and work there, I want to ask is there anyway I can change my visa to working Visa? and if we have to get Marry do we need to go to my country to get Marry? or we can get marry in Japan?

Thanks All

You don't include any of the information needed to answer your question.

Is your girlfriend a Japanese citizen?

You don't include any of the information needed to answer your question.

Is your girlfriend a Japanese citizen?

...and it may be helpful to give your nationality.

I've not heard of anyone having to go back to their home country to get married - one of the reasons for the existence of embassies is to allow citizens abroad to do such things without going home. I'm British and did everything in Japan when I got married to a Japanese person.
Have you checked out the website of the embassy of your country in Japan?

Yes she is

Then you are eligible to apply for a spouse visa after you marry. With a spouse visa there are very few limitations on your employment.

If you are not married, then you have to qualify for a category of visa that allows you to work in Japan.

Then you are eligible to apply for a spouse visa after you marry. With a spouse visa there are very few limitations on your employment.

If you are not married, then you have to qualify for a category of visa that allows you to work in Japan.
Thanks so much we are not married yet, Can I apply for a working visa when am in Japan with visiting visa I have now?

Thanks so much we are not married yet, Can I apply for a working visa when am in Japan with visiting visa I have now?

It doesn't work like that.

First, you have to meet the Immigration requirements for the particular category of visa you want (there are several categories). Second, you find a job. Last, you apply for a visa. You don't get a working visa and then look for a job....you secure a job offer and then you use that to apply for the visa.

If you marry a Japanese, you get a spousal visa. You can work almost anywhere on that visa. You won't need a work visa.
You can get married in Japan or any country in the world. Just show the marriage paperwork to city hall.
Your girlfriend can contact your embassy and city hall and get all this information for you in Japanese if your own level of Japanese is too weak.

If you marry a Japanese, you get a spousal visa

Slight clarification...

He may apply for a spousal visa.

よくある質問 | 外務省

Q3:日本人の配偶者へのビザが出ないのは人権侵害ではないですか?
A3:外国籍の方が日本に入国する自由はもちろん,在留の権利ないし引き続き在留することを要求する権利は憲法上保証されているものではありません。また,経済的・社会的に立場の弱い途上国の外国人が,偽装結婚,不法就労等により先進国へ人身取引されるような事例もあり,我が国としてもそのような犯罪を防ぐ観点から慎重なビザ審査を行っています。

Back
Top Bottom