What's new

Chances getting in g30(engineering)

Daniel Shin

Registered
19 Feb 2017
So i'm planning on applying for japanese uni this October, I have 2080 on Sat and 110 on TOEFL However my GPA is only 2.8 at the moment and i'm gonna try my best to get it to at least 3.1 however i'm not sure if its possible because i go to a pretty good high school in Korea so its very competitive.. I'm pretty much planning on applying on all unis with engineering/science involved such as waseda, kyushu, tohoku, tsukuba, nagoya, osaka, keio, sophia and ritsumeikan. however i know that they pick very little people each year so i was wondering if I even had a chance with any of these schools with such a low gpa.. i also plan on taking Sat2 M2,physics and chem and also plan on taking new sat one more time. im pretty confident with my extra curriculum activities(making own engineering circle, and winning around 7 competitions run by my school) but i dont know if they actually care about it and have done around 60hours of community service throughout high school(if it actually matters).
also i was wondering if i had to take Sat Essays aswell when taking the NewSat's. thanks.

My first bit of constructive criticism is about your English. This is just a discussion forum, but do you write here the same way you would write in an application?

My first bit of constructive criticism is about your English. This is just a discussion forum, but do you write here the same way you would write in an application?
I tend to just type what comes up in my mind when I write something in the internet and bother reading through it again. I admit my English is not the best especially because i haven't used it much ever since i moved back to Korea. I just didn't think it would matter or bug anyone but after rereading what I wrote i think i understand what you mean, so sorry about that. Even though my writing skills are not really good i would still not write like that in an application.

Back
Top Bottom