What's new

Can you park a motorbike in a coin parking space?

HanSolo

後輩
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is OK to park a motorbike in a coin parking space? I haven't seen it, but for that matter I haven't seen many 'big' (> 125cc) bikes around at all.

I don't really know how the spaces actually work. From a YouTube video I saw, it seems that you just park and then the metal lip rises to impound the car, and when you leave you put money in the machine to make the lip fall. I don't know if a bike would even trigger this lip, or that they would even accept it if it did (you could just drag the bike off it if you were dishonest). Don't really want to try parking in one and come back to find the bike missing.

Does anyone know about this, or have they seen a motorbike park in one of these? Google says nothing, and I rarely see dedicated 'motorbike parking places'.

Cheers

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Some places use embedded magnetic sensors, which a bike won't activate. You can look at the board containing instructions for the individual location in question and generally determine if bikes are okay or not.

Don't blame google if you're searching in the wrong language.

バイク駐車場の使い方|タイムズ駐車場検索

全国バイク駐車場案内 | 日本二輪車普及安全協会

:::@s-park for ridersb“s“àŽžŠÔ‘݃I[ƒgƒoƒC’“ŽÔêˆÄ“à@:::

Search 駐輪場 in the apple app store and you can find couple of useful apps. Not sure if there is anything for android.