What's new

Can you help to translate this text?

Truzen

Kouhai
18 Aug 2015
Can you help to translate this text? I got it here: 植田教授の格ゲーアカデミー #5 ‐ ニコニコ動画:GINZA
基礎から楽しく「対戦格闘ゲーム」を学ぶ番組、それが「植田教授の格ゲーアカデミー」。

ブレイブルーシリーズでレイチェル=アルカード役としての植田佳奈さんが格ゲーアカデミーの教授として登場。

I tried to translate it as:
Learn competitive fighting games entertainingly from the basics with this atraction. That is the professor Ueta's fighting game academy.
Rachel Alucard from Blazblue series as the well known Ueta Kana's fighting game instruction as introduction.

I think it's very wrong. I don't know what "として" mens in the text.
That "それが" is strange for me too. The "が" particle indicate that "それ" is what does an action. But there is no verb, and so no action for this subject.

The text is longer but my japonese knowledge was insufficient to even try a translation. It was not making any sense to me.
I posted this on "beginner chat" too but then I found this thread that is more appropriate for that question.

You misquoted the second sentence.
ブレイブルーシリーズでレイチェル=アルカード役としてお馴染みの植田佳奈さんが格ゲーアカデミーの教授として登場。

基礎から楽しく「対戦格闘ゲーム」を学ぶ modifies 番組.

The first sentence is a noun sentence, and the copula is omitted at the end of the sentence. Thus, the core of the sentence is それが格ゲーアカデミーだ。 That is Fighting Game Academy, as you translated. Similarly, 登場 is considered as the omitted form of 登場します in the second sentence. が shows 植田佳奈さん is the subject.

−として
2 〔…の資格で,…の立場で〕
親としての義務
one's duty as a parent
それは大臣として言われたことですか
Are you saying that in your capacity as Cabinet minister?
私としては賛成でも反対でもない
As for me, I am neither for nor against it.
としての英語・英訳 - 和英辞書 - 英語辞書 - goo辞書

Ok. I guess i can translate it better now.
"Entertainingly competitive fighting game learning show from the basics. That is the professor Ueta's fighting game academy.
The well known Ueta Kana appears as the professor of the fighting game academy as Rachel Alucard from Blazblue series."
Are there anything wrong?
I didnt get that "役" too, that appears after "レイチェル=アルカード". What does it means in that sentence?

The 楽しく modifies 学ぶ, so "entertainingly competitive" is not correct.
役 doesn't have that many meanings, in this case the common meaning "role" is used. "She appears as the professor in the role of Rachel Alucard"

Also, her name is Ueda, not Ueta ;)

It's not just お馴染みの植田佳奈さん, but ブレイブルーシリーズでレイチェル=アルカード役としてお馴染みの植田佳奈さん, i.e., she is well-known as the role/voice actress of Rachel Alucard from the BlazBlue series.
She appears in the show as a professor of the Academy, as the OP interpreted correctly, not in the BlazBlue series or not as the role of Rachel Alucard.

Back
Top Bottom