What's new

Help Can someone help find certain medicine in Japanese drugstore?

flixflex

後輩
6 Sep 2016
I am looking for medicine sold in your typical drugstores that deals with stomach acid related problem (gastritis), such as excessive gastric acid, bloating, stomach cramp, heartburn, nausea. Since such problems are quite common anywhere, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get one in a Japanese drugstore and there must be one brand or a few of them that natives trust the most over the other. If there is any, the liquid type is preferable to me

I use #27 on the list, ガストール (Gastol - green and lime green box). I started using it because a pharmacist told me it was easier on my stomach than the one I previously used. Kind of surprised to see it soo low on the list... it works for me.

I use #27 on the list, ガストール (Gastol - green and lime green box). I started using it because a pharmacist told me it was easier on my stomach than the one I previously used. Kind of surprised to see it soo low on the list... it works for me.
So the medicine itself can kind of cause more "load" on the stomach?

If you have ongoing gastric issues you should probably consult with a doctor.

The way the pharmacist explained it to me was that the medicines counteract stomach acid by suppressing the production of it. Once the medicine wears off, the stomach can then try to re compensate by over-producing acid again, in what is kind of a perpetuating cycle. So the reason he recommended Gastol was that it didn't promote this cycle of suppression and production.

I don't know if its true or not. All I know is that if I ever eat or drink too much, I take a packet of this medicine and my stomach is fine.

As Mike says, if you have any chronic stomach problems, best to see a doctor rather than sampling the over-the-counter remedies.

Thanks for your concerns. You are right that I'm having occasional gastric problem. Currently it's not acting up but sometimes it is. May be in the near future I will see a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom