What's new

Can i get into a university in Japan even though i dropped out of another one?

r12s

Registered
6 Jul 2014
I am studying at a language school and planning to take eju to get into a Japanese university.I dropped out of a university in my country with 0 gpa after 1.5 years(didn't attend to classes).I am going to apply for a completely different undergraduate program than the one i dropped out.My high school grades are good and i might get a good score on eju.But would being a drop out lower my chances of getting accepted?I am planning to apply for meiji chuo and possibly a public university(not top level)

As long as they don't look at the whole dropping out part and you don't mention it(as if you would) I don't think it would lower your chances. That's just my guess though

As long as they don't look at the whole dropping out part and you don't mention it(as if you would) I don't think it would lower your chances. That's just my guess though
But it is required to send the transcripts of the schools i attended as far as i know. And they will probably ask me about it at the interview.I've read somewhere about someone who got accepted to a university despite being a dropout of high school, but he might be an exception.

Oh, well if it helps, if I was looking at your transcripts/school history items, I would just let the dropping out part slide because you said your high school grades were pretty good and you said you should do good on the eju. And if they ask about it in the interview then, well then I'm sure you could just show them your motivation. I really wouldn't care so much.

I guess what they would be concerned about is not attending the classes. To reassure them, maybe you could bring some kind of attendance record of your current language school? Sorry if I'm not much help

Thanks for the advice.I will consult with the staff at the language school.I hope my concern is unnecessary as you said.I just want to clear my mind and concentrate on my studies.

Thanks for the advice.I will consult with the staff at the language school.I hope my concern is unnecessary as you said.I just want to clear my mind and concentrate on my studies.

Another thing, I'm applying for MEXT and after 1 year we go to a university. But getting to university, as far as I know they only look at our exams/interviews in our home country, and our exam scores at the end of our first year. However, the first step to MEXT(Undegraduate) is document screening. Here you have to have a transcript for the past 3 years, and you need to list all your academic history among other things. But for all I know, the Japanese could be sending these things to colleges.

And by what means are you trying to get into a Japanese university? A scholarship? If so which one?

I will apply by myself. I will take eju in Japan and send the documents by myself with the help of staff from the language school.I might apply for a scholarship after i got accepted.

Back
Top Bottom