What's new

can anyone translate what is written on my 2016 suda akari ''ema''?

As I pointed out previously, you can edit your post instead of multiple continuous posting. Incidentally, you can post your reply without quoting any unrelated post.

As I pointed out previously, you can edit your post instead of multiple continuous posting. Incidentally, you can post your reply without quoting any unrelated post.

i do know that but sometimes, whenever i decide to write something else, it's always timed out

Always? I believe you could edit your post before "timed out", of course, instead of posting 5 replies within 10 minutes in this thread.

Always? I believe you could edit your post before "timed out", of course, instead of posting 5 replies within 10 minutes in this thread.

okay, not always, but i do put stuff before then, but whenever i want to put something else, it's timed out. that's what i meant :)

The kanji all but turned into blobs with the thick marker this was written in... Here's what I can make out:

I'll leave the translation to you, should be really simple.

i've been thinking :) when i get the printer working (it's got a scanner in it), then i'll scan it, i think that'll make the picture much better

i mean, that photo that i took isn't that great, is it 🤦

(really, that's what i want, i want the picture better) :)

how's that sound? :)

i'm not sure when that'll be, though :shy:
but when it does happen, i'll definitely do it 👍

Last edited:
i think i figured out the order now for to be able to translate it. i'll do my very very best 👍

2016年になりました。
あけましておめでとうございます!!
今年一緒にスタートを切れるだなんて!!
今年はね…叶えたいことがたくさん。
最近自分に素直になったら増えちゃったの♫
お芝居したい。歌うまくなりたい。作詞 作曲したい。方?したい。
温泉入りたい。美味しいもの食べたい。たくさん旅したい。
写真集出したい。テレビに出たい。ラジオに出たい。雑誌に載りたい。
勉強したい。「好き」を増やしたい。あなたを幸せにしたい!!!
この全てがアイドルを全力でやることで叶えられる年にするんだ♡
でも健康、これが一番大切。あなたの健康と私の健康。
SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんなが幸せをかみしめられますように。
幸せをかみしめられますように。今年もよろしくね

Just a few mistakes:
作詞 作曲したい。方?したい。-> したい
美味しいもの食べたい。たくさん旅したい。-> 笑いたい

With this, you have the full text and scanning is no longer necessary. Good luck with the translation :)

The site is not for asking for translations. It's a site where you write something in Japanese and native speakers correct it.
Sounds like you don't have any will to do it by yourself...

The site is not for asking for translations. It's a site where you write something in Japanese and native speakers correct it.
Sounds like you don't have any will to do it by yourself...

i do have will to do it. i do try if i can :). it's just hard :shy:

to tell you the truth, i'm okay with romaji (for example, songs, when i have the lyrics i find)
and other times, because i sort of know what they mean, sometimes, but when it comes to the japanese writing (kanji, hiragana, etc), it's kinda hard for me :shy:

but i did try :):

Now in 2016.

happy New Year! !

It is this year ...
I want to travel.

I want to enter hot spring.
I want to eat delicious things.
I want to laugh a lot.

To put out photo collection.
I want on TV.
I want out on the radio.
I want to ride in a magazine.

I want to study.
I want to increase the "like".
I want to make you happy! ! !

But health, important this is best. Your health and my health.
Person who knows the SKE, but of the person's friends and family ... mean you will be biting a happy way.

So you will be biting the happiness. Please treat me well this year too

but please let me show you what i got from that website anyway: :shy:

It became 2016.
Happy new year!!
How nice we are together at the beginning of this year!!
This year.. I have a lot of dreams.
lately my dreams gain numbers because I am honest to myself
I want to act. I want to sing better. I want to write songs.
I want to go to springs. I want to eat delicious foods. I want to travel a lot.
I want to release a photo book. I want to show up in the TV show. I want to attend the radio program. I want to appear in a magazine. I want to study. I want to grow "Like". I want you to be happy!!!
I want all these things come true in this year,to be an idle with full force.
To be healthy, this is the most important thing anyway. Your health and my health.
The people who know SKE, and thier friends and families .. I wish everyone will feel happy

I am looking forward to seeing you this year

when it comes to the japanese writing (kanji, hiragana, etc), it's kinda hard for me

It's just kinda hard for everybody, native speakers included. No one who hopes to achieve literacy in Japanese is excused from the hard work.

Walking into a place where everybody has done or is doing hard work and giving the impression you think they should do your work for you because it's hard is something that will engender enmity, not empathy.

If a piece of text you want to read is beyond your current abilities, then knuckle down and do some grunt work on the boring basics first. Everybody who has gotten anywhere did and there's no reason you shouldn't. Nobody wants to hear the whiny it's hard crap. We know it's hard.

Last edited:
It's just kinda hard for everybody, native speakers included. No one who hopes to achieve literacy in Japanese is excused from the hard work.

Walking into a place where everybody has done or is doing hard work and giving the impression you think they should do your work for you because it's hard is not something that will engender enmity, not empathy.

If a piece of text you want to read is beyond your current abilities, then knuckle down and do some grunt work on the boring basics first. Everybody who has gotten anywhere did and there's no reason you shouldn't. Nobody wants to heart the whiny it's hard crap. We know it's hard.

i'm sorry
i didn't really mean anything by what i said :sorry:

Last edited:
i'm sorry
i didn't really mean anything by what i said :sorry:

You don't need to apologize. You just need to bite the bullet and do the work it takes to get yourself going on reading Japanese written in other than romaji. It isn't going away and there's no getting around it. We're here to help you through it if we can.

Back
Top Bottom