What's new

Can anyone please help identify this song??

Ortal

Registered
4 Nov 2015
Hello all
I've gone nuts over the years trying to identify the following song. I somehow downloaded it by mistake, somewhere around 2005-2007 and since then I've failed to identify its singer or name.
Help would be much appreciated. the name of the file is as I've downloaded it years ago.
Thankyou
Link to the song on my google drive:
06 Dream.wma - Google Drive

The fact that it requests you to click on a download to hear it may make some people worry. Todays internet has so many hidden dangers. I moved the thread to the music section and hopefully someone will help you.

The fact that it requests you to click on a download to hear it may make some people worry. Todays internet has so many hidden dangers. I moved the thread to the music section and hopefully someone will help you.
I scanned it and it doesn't seem to be dangerous but I couldn't get it to play on a Mac or a Windows PC.

I got a notice saying you must download the license and pay to hear it because it was copied off a protected CD?? Maybe an expert in internet music will know what to do ?

Yup, it has DRM on it, which means it comes from an online music store and can only be played on the PC where it was bought. (Until a part of that PC's hardware changes at least, then it becomes completely unusable)
The file metadata says "אמנים שונים" which is apparently Hebrew for "Various (Artists)", not very helpful :).

Have you looked back at your purchase history? Have you tried some music recognition service like Shazam?

The fact that it requests you to click on a download to hear it may make some people worry.
It's Google's file hosting service, nothing to worry about.

hi I once put it on a CD and then when I bought a new pc I copied it back from my CD.
I uploaded the file to my google drive so it's safe!
the format is wma.... I couldn't convert it to other format :( but can be listened to with windows media player, that's it.
Shazam couldn't recognize the song/artist either, of course. That's why I'm asking for your help.
Much appreciated

As mentioned, only your PC can play this file due to copy protection. We can't play it, so we can't help you with identification. You'll need to provide us with a non-protected file.
You can try a program like AnalogWhole to convert the WMA to MP3.

Get a tag editor and as people mentioned that its DRM protected there might be something you can see there.

Or there's a lot of software (for eg a mobile app) out there which can tell you what song it is.

If nothing else works play this song out loud, make a recording using your phone/camera/pc/laptop etc and let us listen to it then.

Back
Top Bottom