What's new

blades of glory japanese

letslearn

先輩
11 Sep 2013
Hi Guys,
I did a search on the forum but could not find the answer. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but in the movie blades of glory the character jimmy gets asked a question by a Japanese reporter and answers in Japanese. Does anyone know what the dialogue is?
よろしくお願いします

sorry, can't seem to find it, unless you have a clip for someone to transpose

You could consider it listening practice and have a go at transcribing it yourself.
I have been trying to but the reporter is so fast.
The only words I understand are 大会 for tournament and 望みですか。for wish, desire, etc.
Jimmy says something like
いい質問ですね. good question
上手にやりたいと思います、I think I want do well
I hear じつは。the truth is
こころで by the heart?
目はきれいですよ。eyes are beautiful.

Probably ところで
I'm not sure but it sounds like he also says
ふたい とも
I'm only guessing but is the ふたい mean in addition?
And とも means companion.
So using ところで as you suggest is it like.
By the way, In addition my companion thinks your eyes are beautiful.

Could it be with context, the girl he really likes is also there, so the both of you mean the reporter and the girl he likes?
二人ともところで目はきれいですよ
Both of your eyes are beautiful.

Could it be with context, the girl he really likes is also there, so the both of you mean the reporter and the girl he likes?
二人ともところで目はきれいですよ
Both of your eyes are beautiful.

Or for clarity: you both have beautiful eyes

I haven't seen this scene, so keep in mind my suggestions are guesswork based on your guesswork

So the reporter says something along the lines of. what are your hopes for the tournament? (the speech is way to fast for my level)
Jimmy then says,
いい質問ですね.上手にやりたいと思いますが実は二人ともところで目はきれいですよ.
That's a good question. I hope to do well, the truth is no matter what, both your eyes are beautiful.
Does that sound alright?

So the reporter says something along the lines of. what are your hopes for the tournament? (the speech is way to fast for my level)
Jimmy then says,
いい質問ですね.上手にやりたいと思いますが実は二人ともところで目はきれいですよ.
That's a good question. I hope to do well, the truth is no matter what, both your eyes are beautiful.
Does that sound alright?

It is plausible. Is he talking to two people?

Look more carefully the translation nice-gaijin-san quoted.
We'd like to do well, but we both--you have such pretty eyes!

I'm pretty sure there's a break after 上手にやりたいと思いますが、実は二人とも. Those must be actually two sentences. My guess is 上手にやりたいと思いますが、実は二人とも…。ところで目きれいです

Look more carefully the translation nice-gaijin-san quoted.
We'd like to do well, but we both--you have such pretty eyes!

I'm pretty sure there's a break after 上手にやりたいと思いますが、実は二人とも. Those must be actually two sentences. My guess is 上手にやりたいと思いますが、実は二人とも…。ところで目きれいです
You maybe right, but I don't see a definite pause.
But buy your guess he could be mesmerised by her eyes so loses his train of thought. Quite difficult for me to say.

Back
Top Bottom