What's new

[Audio] A few sentences I cannot understand

chaisetable

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Hi,
I have watched a japanese movie the other day (with subtitles) and there were a few sentences in which I was not able to hear exactly what words were said by the actors.

1- Vocaroo | Voice message
I hear : 「お前とみゆきは運命XXX信念だぞ」。But it really sounds like he's saying 「かもしんねん」 so I can't even search the words in a dictionnary.
In the subtitles, it is translated as "You and Miyuki... it could be destiny".
I would also really appreciate if someone could indicate what grammar point is related to this phrase.

2- Vocaroo | Voice message
It is translated as : "He had sex with Miyuki multiple times".
For me it is : 「つうか、みゆきと何回も何回もセクスしてて。」
However, I cannot figure out what "tsuuka" could mean. Moreover, it sounds like he's saying "nankaiMA" instead of "nankaiMO". Is it because it is casual speech ?
Finally, he ends his sentence by saying 『してて』。I assume it really means 「してている」, which expresses the state of having sex multiple times, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

1. Casual/lazy pronunciation of かもしれない

2. Ditto for と言うか

You're just mishearing the "nankaimo".

The sentence is incomplete, with the rest being understood by context.... which you have not included.

This bothered you enough to pull the audio samples, post them to a server, hunt up this forum, create an account, start a thread, type up your questions, and link the files.... but not enough to come back and check for answers?

Or he got your answer via e-mail, and couldn't be bothered to spend one more minute to log back in and say thanks.

It is actually the first time I read your answers since I had to give up my study of the japanese language for a couple of days. I also intentended to post more questions about other things that bugged me, since this forum looked like a nice place to do so (it doesn't anymore). You say that I'm rude, but your unnecessary attacks totally discouraged me.
To make amends, why don't you give me your Paypal adress so I can send you 1'000'000$ for the 4 sentences you wrote as an answer ?
As you say, I put a certain amount of effort to get the samples, and formulate clear questions easy to understand, so I probably deserve more credit than you do.

July 8 to July 22 is not "a couple of days". It wasn't even "a couple of days" when I expressed wonder at your apparent lack of interest ten days ago.

You weren't the subject of even one attack, much less multiple "attacks". I remarked that your failure to check back in and participate in your own thread in a timely manner is rude, which it was.

If having your rudeness noticed and remarked upon bothers you, the most practical solution would be to avoid being rude.

If you're expecting me to apologize to you then you're in for a disappointment.

You should thank me for "discouraging" you, since you can now use the hypersensitive butthurt to justify it to yourself and others when you can't be bothered to put in the effort to continue learning; you have a scapegoat.

Haha no it's okay, I won't quit learning japanese, I'll just find somewhere else (I already did actually). What bothers me is : you brought this topic to a personnal level, which I find very counterproductive. You say Im butthurt, but you get all offended because someone doesn't answer to his OWN topic within 4 days without knowing the circumstances that lead him to do so. A forum for me is a place where things should stay formal, but you want to talk as if I was that one guy who never says thank you when he gets all the help he asked for. Totally uncalled for and based on childish conjecture.

I'll just add that I haven't posted much, but have already had a number of experiences where I put in work to provide an answer, and not even so much as a simple 'thank you' ever came in reply. That truly is quite rude, as it takes so little effort to just say 'thanks'. Mike, who has posted more than 13,000 times on this forum, often to provide assistance, has no doubt experienced this many, many times, and is very sensitive to it, understandably.
Maybe Mike's complaint was a tad premature in this case, but I can understand how he must feel, so will not criticize him. Furthermore, after observing the amount of defensiveness and sarcasm in the OP's recent replies, I wholly agree with Mike that no apology is warranted.

If he were "that one guy who never says thank you" I wouldn't even have noticed. It was never about wanting a "thank you" anyway. Over the years myself and others have had to bring it up to quite a few posters that at the bare minimum one should give some indication they have at least seen the answers people have taken the time to provide to their questions. And it is, I think, common knowledge that we get quite a number of "drive-by" posters who indeed never do so much as return to check for answers.

Apart from "thank you" or "sorry" discussion, you got the correct answers from Mike-san.

1)
He actually says 運命かもしんねえんだぞ.

2)
してて is the common contraction of していて, thus, it's the -te form of している, not してている.

Back
Top Bottom