What's new

Asahi WiMAX 2+

WonkoTheSane

先輩
12 May 2013
I'm looking into the unlimited option (which is, of course, limited in some ways) as opposed to the Hikari with FLETS broadband offering. Adding all the costs they seem to be nearly the same price (installation fee, X number of months free, service charges, etc.) and the only real difference is that if I end up moving I get uninterrupted service and no re-installation fee if I use the WiMAX but I am limited to 7GB per month if it connects to LTE instead of WiMAX.

So has anyone used the WiMAX one? Have you ended up running over the limit? I'll be living in Tokyo (possibly Nakano or Jyugaoka or somewhere similarly nearish Yamanote), has anyone had trouble maintaining a connection to the WiMAX service with the router in their home around Tokyo?

Thanks for any info!

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone find 220 Mbps to be too slow for their general internet needs (some movies/tv, web browsing, etc.)?

WonkoTheSane said:
Oh yeah, anyone find 220 Mbps to be too slow for their general internet needs (some movies/tv, web browsing, etc.)?
Are you kidding? Here in Belgium the average internet speed is 12Mbps, and even that is plenty for that kind of usage. You'll be (more than) alright.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom