What's new

Arthur Rose-Innes

nedkelly

後輩
16 Mar 2011
I have an excellent book, 3000 Chinese-Japanese Characters in their Printed and Written Forms / by Arthur Rose-Innes, published in 1918. I would like to praise it further but my question today is:
Can anyone shed light on or give me a biographical reference to Arthur Rose-Innes?
I have googled and amazoned extensively but whilst there is much information on his books I can find nothing about his life.
Thank you for any leads.

It might be difficult to find any biographical information for him.

From a very quick search, the only thing I could find was here (at the bottom of the page):
Arthur Rose-Innes | LibraryThing

I browsed through a copy of one of his books available for free online, but there was no biographical information included, as was probably the case for most books published in his time.

As @joadbres has already pointed out there seems to be no biographical information on Arthur Rose-Innes available on the net. This Hungarian-language page discusses his translation of Japanese tales (Japán mesék, Budapest 1943) with the reviewer deploring the fact that he couldn't find anything on Mr Rose-Innes.

@nedkelly , it would be great if you could add a review to our section on language books.

Back
Top Bottom