What's new

Are tattoos somehow disrespectful?

As the other article you posted mentioned, in Japan such decoration is associated with Japanese yakuza. But it's not disrespectful. And if you don't intend to visit Japan it doesn't matter. Even if you did, I don't think anybody would mistake you for a yakuza. You could get refused service or kicked out of a bathing facility but even that is hit or miss.

Tha
As the other article you posted mentioned, in Japan such decoration is associated with Japanese yakuza. But it's not disrespectful. And if you don't intend to visit Japan it doesn't matter. Even if you did, I don't think anybody would mistake you for a yakuza. You could get refused service or kicked out of a bathing facility but even that is hit or miss.
Thanks for the info.

The key thing here in this chapter is not to wear clothing with shaatnez mixed in it. (Verse 19). Biblical scholars agree that if you follow just one of these, that is the one.

I am surprised that in all these discussion threads on tattoos people do not consider, above all, the health dangers of tattoos. By the way,I often go to a municipal swimming pool in Nagoya. Recently in the change room for the first I noticed an old man with typical yakuza irezumi. However I noticed he was careful to wear a T shirt when in the pool. Elderly yakuza are often afflicted by liver problems caused by irezumi.

Elderly yakuza are often afflicted by liver problems caused by irezumi.
I saw a video by a woman who had some large tattoos removed, and all that broken down ink being flushed out of her system made her feel sick. She said she wondered about the potential for liver issues in the future.

I got a small tattoo about 30 years ago. Once at an onsen, one of the elderly workers put a cloth over my shoulder a few times while I was soaking. After maybe the third time, I realized she was covering my tattoo.

Back
Top Bottom