What's new

Anyone brought Allegra D to Japan?

Gleeoch

後輩
4 Aug 2013
Hello,

I'm going to be heading to Japan for a few months starting in June and was concerned about bringing in my allergy medicine. I was told by Medicinal Inspection and Guidance Division of Kanto that I could bring the 3 months I'll require with a Yakkan Shoumei since it's prescription medicine but it also contains a chemical that I've read isn't allowed so I'm worried they might have responded thinking it was something else like just regular Allegra. I'm hoping maybe someone else has brought in Allegra D to ease my concern.

Thanks

Why not just ask them again, pointing out that it contains the banned component? Then you'd know for sure.

Why not just ask them again, pointing out that it contains the banned component? Then you'd know for sure.
I should do that for confirmation but I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and can probably change my medicine if I need to so I figured I'd try posting and hope for a quick yes or no.

For the curious, I went ahead and asked them again to confirm and mentioned that it contained pseudoephedrine and they responded with it not being allowed so don't skip on the details when asking. I went to the doctor yesterday and hopefully have a better long term plan for managing my allergies so maybe I won't even miss it while I'm gone.

Back
Top Bottom