What's new

Any JP Post Bank in Tokyo with a lot of English Speaking staff?

Lawrence1

Sempai
22 Jun 2015
Are there any JP Post Bank in Tokyo with a lot of English Speaking staff? I have already did a bit of research about Japanese banks and I have decided with JP Post bank (as opposed to known english banks like shinsei or prestia). I know the service may not be so good but there are a lot of post offices so it is easy to find an ATM.

I understand your anxiety, but that's a bad habit to get into.

I understand your anxiety, but that's a bad habit to get into.

You mean relying on English speaking staff? Well yeah. However, for settling important matters like setting up recurring bank transfers for housing and utility bills, I just wanted to be sure there was nothing that I didn't understand.

Last edited:
I also took JP Post bank when I lived in Japan for a year. I remember getting help from a Japanese student buddy. Isn't there someone you can ask to help you (your employer, student friends, any person you know in Japan who get it before you)?

Also, consider your options carefully. If I remember correctly, my JP bank account had some limitations regarding online shopping, money transfer, etc. Maybe it comes with the visa, maybe it was the limited service, or maybe I just didn't understand in properly. Anyway, just check it :)

If ease of finding ATMs is your main concern, there is no advantage to JP Post over any commercial bank. There are ATMs in every convenience store, and there are convenience stores on every city block.

The Japanese required to setup a bank account isn't that hard, if I can do it anyone can.

I set up an account at shinsei because I can use almost every atm in the country free of charge (also, I get free transfers from my business account). I also set up an account at MUFJ because I get a visa debit card for any kind of online shopping, etc.

Back
Top Bottom