What's new

Anti-japanese public opinion in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurihara

後輩
26 Oct 2016
Anti-japanese public opinion in Russia.

Russians rare talk about Japan and japanese but many russians in secrecy hate Japan. For example popular russian writer Valentin Pikul famous as anti-japanese writer. Another popular russian writer Pelewin famous as author anti-japanese stories. If you ask russians that they think about Japan you can hear good replies but in private talking you can hear at all another opinion.

Russians rare talk about Japan and japanese but many russians in secrecy hate Japan. For example popular russian writer Valentin Pikul famous as anti-japanese writer. Another popular russian writer Pelewin famous as author anti-japanese stories. If you ask russians that they think about Japan you can hear good replies but in private talking you can hear at all another opinion.

Why is that?

So...good for them? I'm not sure what type or point of discussion you are attempting to solicit here. Can you expand a little?

Russians respect China, India, Egypt, Deutschland. Dont like USA, Poland, now Ukrain but they despise only Japan

What do you base your findings on? Hearsay, intuition, websites? I know a couple of Russians living here none of whom "despise" Japan. Some are married to Japanese, and none of them would like to trade their current domicile for Mother Russia.

99.9% of people outside of Russia think Putin is a dangerous idiot. Openly, not even in secret..

Putin demonstrate new present from Japan - dog named Yume. This present he get from japan premier Noda in 2012

Japanese always support Putin in despite of his position on Kuril Iceland
Therefore russians despise japanese

Can you please keep your meaningful posts to one thread? Thank you.

Russians only like others Slavic countries, they hate China for the same reasons that they hate Japan.
The Russian-Chinese aliance is strategic motivated by American imperialism, not by friendship.

Obviously I am referring to conservative and politicized Russians, Russian girls love Asians.

Russians only like others Slavic countries, they hate China for the same reasons that they hate Japan.
The Russian-Chinese aliance is strategic motivated by American imperialism, not by friendship.

You are not japanese? What your interest of japan-russian relationship?

The Russian-Chinese aliance is strategic motivated by American imperialism
Both Russia and China were actual "Imperialist" countries, with Emperors as the heads of state. To expand their empire, Russia grabbed Vladivostok from the Chinese in the 19th century. Russia then ditched their own emperor, but they continued expanding their empire by grabbing the Kuriles at the end of WW2. Recently they grabbed the Crimea from the sovereign nation of the Ukraine.

China's stance towards Tibet, towards other semi-autonomous regions, and towards nameless rocks in the Pacific Ocean, demonstrate they are still interested in expanding their empire by all means, including military.

You say they are motivated by the artificial bogey-man of American Imperialism, but the actions of these two nations themselves are most definitely "imperialist" in nature. They could not be called anything else.

Both Russia and China were actual "Imperialist" countries, with Emperors as the heads of state. To expand their empire, Russia grabbed Vladivostok from the Chinese in the 19th century. Russia then ditched their own emperor, but they continued expanding their empire by grabbing the Kuriles at the end of WW2. Recently they grabbed the Crimea from the sovereign nation of the Ukraine.

China's stance towards Tibet, towards other semi-autonomous regions, and towards nameless rocks in the Pacific Ocean, demonstrate they are still interested in expanding their empire by all means, including military.

You say they are motivated by the artificial bogey-man of American Imperialism, but the actions of these two nations themselves are most definitely "imperialist" in nature. They could not be called anything else.

Hm, lets see...
bKaMZ3m.jpg

TpWAjto.jpg
Opoe3Bl.jpg

About Tibet:
Tibet, the 'great game' and the CIA - Global Research
CIA Tibetan program - Wikipedia
The Dalai Lama: A CIA Agent - henrymakow.com

Conspiracy websites and graphics proclaiming American aggression may impress you, dear Sorb, but you still have the very difficult and unenviable task of defending Russian and Chinese imperialism.

Hm, lets see...

Opoe3Bl.jpg
No, Iran didn't intervene, sabotage, or undertake covert activities including fermenting revolutions in Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, the Occupied Territories, or Afghanistan.... and are basically the front line troops in Aleppo right now.

Conspiracy websites and graphics proclaiming American aggression may impress you, dear Sorb, but you still have the very difficult and unenviable task of defending Russian and Chinese imperialism.

While I agree with you that Russia and China have hard-to-defend imperialist policies (specially regarding their respective neighbors) and that the US has nothing to do with this, suggesting that the American interventions are an "artificial bogey-man", i.e., a product of conspiracy theories (or somehow grandly exaggerated), is kind of insulting to people's intelligence. I'm not judging the policies themselves, just saying that denying they existed in the first place is plain bs.

suggesting that the American interventions are an "artificial bogey-man", i.e., a product of conspiracy theories (or somehow grandly exaggerated), is kind of insulting to people's intelligence. I'm not judging the policies themselves, just saying that denying they existed in the first place is plain bs.
No, no, no I absolutely did not mean that American interventions, ambitions, crimes, etc... were a myth. The point of my post was to deflate this idea that American Imperialism was the impetus for the Chinese-Russian alliance.
Those of us on the left should discard this idea that imperialism is bad as long as it US imperialism. By all means, call out US policy failures and outrages when and where they occur, but pretending that the US is the only political entity in the world that does such things is just demagoguery.

No, no, no I absolutely did not mean that American interventions, ambitions, crimes, etc... were a myth. The point of my post was to deflate this idea that American Imperialism was the impetus for the Chinese-Russian alliance.
Those of us on the left should discard this idea that imperialism is bad as long as it US imperialism. By all means, call out US policy failures and outrages when and where they occur, but pretending that the US is the only political entity in the world that does such things is just demagoguery.

OK, I can relate to that. And yes, any country with a substantial difference of power over its neighbors is a potential dick. Even us (Brazil) acted in such way in the Paraguayan war.

And returning to the strict subject of the topic, from what I have seen from news and documentaries, the whole Russian x Japan conflict is only fueled by the conservative parties of both countries (ultra right wings). Regular people don't really care enough to bother with this subject. But hey, I might be wrong.

For what it's worth, I was recently living in Russia and while Russians may have particular viewpoints on the status of the Kuril Islands, I never encountered anyone saying that they despised (or even didn't like) Japan or the Japanese people. In fact, when I talked about having lived in Japan and recently visiting, everyone seemed impressed because (they told me) it's difficult for Russians to get visas to travel to Japan. Now with all this being said, of course, one needs to realize that these viewpoints may not represent general Russian attitudes towards Japan and the Japanese, but it is representative of what I encountered.

Yes, there's more than meets the eye. President Putin's daughter holds a degree in Japanese philology.

Their voices are faint,
Ikh golosa slavyi,

Those deer, confused by the mist,
eti oleni, smushchaet tuman,

And calling away,
I prizivaia daleko,

Out on the Plain of Shinu.
Vne na ravni ne Shinu.
(Sanka Waka Shu 446)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back